Netscribes' latest market research report titled Water Purifier Market in India 2014 states that the domestic water purifier market is set to experience steady growth as people are becoming more aware of the utility of water purifiers in India. As initial consumer reactions and water purifier reviews have been largely positive, the adoption of the same will only improve over the years. Also, the market is largely under penetrated and manufacturers have ample opportunities to grow in this market. Various innovations and availability of products at various price points are helping the market to grow considerably. Demand for water purifiers is huge in the developing countries as government initiatives in such regions are not enough to provide clean drinking water. In India, the market size of water purifiers is huge and it is projected to increase even further.
Increase in urbanization is one of the major contributing factors behind the growth of the domestic water purifier market. People have less time to boil water, which is one of the reasons why water purifiers are very convenient for people staying in urban areas. As population increases, clean water becomes inaccessible to households. Unclean water leads to various water borne diseases. So, water purifiers have become a necessity nowadays. The water purifier market faces some challenges such as lack of awareness among the rural population and lack of standardization among the products marketed by companies. Recent trends have made it evident that new players are entering the market and they are also trying to increase the number of selling points. There is a lot of opportunity as the rural market is still untapped. The number of major water purifier companies in India is also considerably low which leads to low barriers towards market entry.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun 2013 - Nov 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-7: Introduction - Major Technologies, Major Distribution Models
Slide 8-9: Market Overview - India (In value and volume)
Slide 10: Market share
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 11: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 12-14: Drivers
Slide 15: Challenges
Slide 16: Trends - Summary
Slide 17-18 - Trends
Slide 19: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 20-24: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 25-41: Major Public Players
Slide 42-68: Major Private Players
Slide 69-71: Opportunities in the Water Purifier Market
Slide 72-73: Recommendations
Slide 74: Key Ratios Description
Slide 75: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Water Purifier (India) - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2013 - 2018e)
2. Water Purifier (India) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2013 - 2018e)
3. Water Purifier (India) - Market Share (RO Purifiers, Top 4)
4. Water Purifier (India) - Market Share (Offline based, Top 4)
5. Water Purifier (India) - Market Share (UV Purifiers, Top 4)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Total Number of Households - India (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
2. Cities with More than 1 mn Population - (2001, 2011)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot (except Own Water(India) India Pvt. Ltd. and Eurofab Electronics Pct. Ltd.)
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only, except Own Water (India) Pvt. Ltd.)
- List of Tables
1. Franchise Requirements
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies, except Own Water (India) Pvt. Ltd.)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Major Players
2. Key Ratios Description
3. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
2. Tata Chemicals Ltd.
3. Ion Exchange (India) Ltd.
4. Whirlpool of India Ltd.
1. Eureka Forbes Ltd.
2. Kent RO Systems Ltd.
3. Usha Shriram Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.
4. Luminous Water Technologies Pvt. Ltd.