Netscribes' latest market research report titled VoIP Market in India 2014 illuminates the dynamics in the internet telephony market. Voice over Internet Protocol, popularly known as VoIP, initially witnessed adoption among enterprise users with the objective to reduce communication cost, especially for long distance calls and audio conferences. As smaller companies began to look for business from other countries, the need was no longer restricted among big enterprises. Average Internet speed in India rose to 1.3 Mbps from 1 Mbps in 2012. Advancement in the field of broadband internet service and increased adoption of smartphones, tablets, and PCs led to embracement of VoIP services amongst general consumers.
Security aspects of the VoIP has been one of the primary reasons why Indian regulatory bodies have not authorized unrestricted VoIP in the past, but Telecom Commission has given the green signal to VoIP under the National Telecom Policy 2012; this provides huge opportunity for the VoIP service providers in India. The Government is however looking to mandate the establishment of local servers with the aim of eliminating security breach or misuse of VoIP services. With Q4 2013 posting a 7% quarter to quarter growth of Internet telephony minutes of usage, the market prospect for VoIP services looks prosperous in the coming years.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-8: VoIP - Overview, Evolution of VoIP in India, Categories of VoIP Telephony Services, VoIP Delivery Setup Framework
Slide 9-11: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India, VoIP Usage by Key Sectors
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 12: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 12-19: Drivers
Slide 20-21: Challenges
Slide 22: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 23-27: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 28-47: Major Public Players
Slide 48-71: Major Private Players
Slide 72-73: Key Recent Developments - VoIP in India
Slide 74: Opportunities in the VoIP Service Market
Slide 75-77: Recommendations
Slide 78: Key Ratios Description
Slide 79: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. VoIP Subscribers (Global) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
2. VoIP Consumption - Major Regions (Global) (2012)
3. Internet Telephony - Usage (Minutes of Usage; 2012 - 2018e)
4. VoIP Usage by Key Sectors (India) (2013)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Broadband Subscribers Base - India (2007 - 2013)
2. Market Size - Smartphone Users (2009 - 20012)
3. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (2009 - 20013)
4. Market Growth - Subscribers of 3G Services (2013e, 2015e)
5. PC Base India - Size and Growth (2012, 2015e)
6. Growth & Size - Enterprise Mobility Market (2013e - 2015e)
7. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
8. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only.)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
1. VoIP Revenue Opportunity - Growth (Value-Wise; 2013e - 2018e)
- List of Tables
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Bharti Airtel Ltd.
2. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.
3. Reliance Communications Ltd.
4. Sify Technologies Ltd.
5. Tata Communications Ltd.
1. Aircel Cellular Ltd.
2. SwiftMail Communications Ltd.
3. YOU Broadband India Pvt. Ltd.
4. Novanet Ltd.
5. Microsoft Corporation India Pvt Ltd.