Netscribes' latest market research report titled Telecom Equipment Market in India 2014 highlights the country's wireless subscriber base that is growing at a rapid pace. With the fall in the prices of mobile devices, the popularity of end-user telecom equipment is also rising significantly. With the rising usage of 3G services and adoption of 4G technology, the need for telecom equipment is expected to rise significantly. Some government policies such as the IPv4 to IPv6 migration have also provided a significant boost to the domestic telecom industry. High imports signify the continued demand for telecom equipment in Indian markets which cannot be fulfilled by domestic production.
Currently, the Carrier Equipment segment generates the maximum revenue, although the future of the Enterprise Equipment segment looks promising. Revenue from user devices is expected to remain almost flat. Mobile handsets account for around 40% of the total telecom equipment market in India. The arrival of next generation 4G telecom network technologies and broadband wireless access have together resulted in a rapid increase in the demand for telecom equipment. Rural market is expected to be the future key growth driver for the Indian telecom sector, given the country's growing rural population and disposable income. Currently, the rural wireless subscriber base comprises around 38.94% of the country's total subscriber base.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5: Telecom Equipment - Overview
Slide 6-14: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India, Telecommunications in Rural India, Primary Government Bodies
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 15: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 16-20: Drivers
Slide 21-22: Challenges
Slide 23-26: Major Trends in the Market
Slide 27: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 28-32: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 33-48: Major Public Players
Slide 49-95: Major Private Players
Slide 96-97: Recommendations
Slide 98: Key Ratios Description
Slide 99: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun-Jul 2013 - Oct-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
8. Telecom Equipment - Market size and growth
9. Telecom Equipment - Domestic consumption
1. Telecom Equipment (India) - Market size and growth (Value -Wise; 2013 - 2017e)
2. Telecom Equipment (India) - Domestic consumption (Percentage Wise; Data available from TRAI till 2010)
3. Telecom Equipment (India) - Import and Export (Value -Wise; 2008 - 2013, export value for the year 2013 is based on estimation)
4. Telecom Equipment (India) - Domestic production (Value -Wise; 2004 - 2010)
5. Revenue from Telecom Equipment (India) - (Percentage Wise; 2013 - 2016e)
6. Carrier Equipment (India) - Market Size and growth (Value-Wise; 2014e - 2018e)
7. Enterprise Equipment (India) - Market Size and growth (Value-Wise; 2014e - 2018e)
8. User Device (India) - Market Size and growth (Value-Wise; 2014e - 2018e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (2013-2016e)
2. Subscribers of 3G Services - Market growth (2013-2017e)
3. Total Internet Users (India) - (Value-Wise; 2013-2020e)
4. Telecom Equipments (India) - Imports (Value-Wise; 2009-2013, export value for the year 2013 is based on estimation)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 2 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2013-14)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot (except Ericsson India Pvt. Ltd., Nokia Siemens Network India Pvt. Ltd.)
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
- List of Tables
1. Telecom Equipment Import-Export, Production and Usage Levels - Global
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Accuracy Mandate in Percentage
2. Key Ratios Description
3. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Bharti Infratel Ltd.
2. ITI Ltd.
3. Kavvery Telecom products Ltd.
4. Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
1. Icomm Tele Ltd.
2. Reliance Infratel ltd.
3. Tejas Networks Ltd.
4. Teracom Ltd.
5. Viom Networks Ltd.
6. Alcatel-Lucent India Ltd.
7. ECI Telecom India Pvt. Ltd.
8. Ericsson India Pvt. Ltd.
9. Huawei Telecommunications (India) Company Pvt. Ltd.
10. Nokia Siemens Networks India Pvt. Ltd.