The new report, 'Software Testing Market in India', states that India has become one of the major destinations for outsourcing software testing services owing to the availability of cost effective talent pool. Increasing number of software development companies are outsourcing their software testing work to India owing to a rise in demand for software testing services. This high demand is generated in order to prevent software bugs that result in huge losses for the company. United States is the key market for the big Indian testing vendors, followed by Europe and Middle East.
The outsourced software testing market comprises of both traditional and independent testing services (ITS). ITS gains more popularity as enterprises does not require to invest in expensive hardware & software. Leading software testing companies in India provides facilities and Center of Excellence to offer ITS. Currently about 180,000 people are employed in this field in India.
The growth of software testing market is supported by strong foothold of IT services sector in India. Growing maturity of Indian vendors allow consistent high quality service delivery and better user defined standards. Demand for testing services is gaining a speedy growth with rapid evolution of vendor capabilities in last two decade. Rising adoption of different growth strategies by testing vendors will help them to differentiate from other abundant service providers. Indian software testing market will witness further growth owing to the recent government initiatives in IT & ITeS sector.
However, the industry has also some pain points. Even though India is known for its IT expertise, it still lacks enough educational and training focus on software testing. An agile software development with poor testing may lead to poor coding thereby escalating risk of errors. Further rising competition from other low cost nations pose a threat to India's dominance in the testing industry.
Currently the software testing industry senses the need for mobile application testing owing to rapid growth of mobile phone applications. Also, the industry is witnessing the trend to shift towards cloud based testing; testing-as-a-service; automated testing and testing in domain-specific niche services.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Macro Economic Indicators
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Aug 2012 - Jan 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011 - Feb 2012), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Sep 2012- Feb 2013)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: IT Industry - Segmentation
Slide 6: Software Development Lifecycle - Components
Slide 8: Software Testing Market Global - Overview, Market Size & Growth (2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e, 2017e), Share in software development budget, Share of IT Spend on Testing
Slide 9: Share of Testing Performance Pattern, Share of Spending in Consumer & Enterprise Segment
Slide 10: Software Testing Market India - Overview, India's Contribution in Outsourced Testing (2012 and 2020e)
Slide 11: Software Testing Market India - Market Size & Growth (2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e, 2017e)
Slide 12: Software Testing Export - Market Size & Growth - Market Size & Growth (2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e, 2017e)
Slide 13: Share of Traditional & Independent Testing Services (2012), Share of Big players & SMBs & start-ups (2012)
Slide 14: Market Share By Major Industry Verticals, Market Share By Major Geographies, Market Share By Company Type in ITS
Types & Benefits
Slide 15: Software Testing Services -Types
Slide 16: Software Testing Market - Segmentation
Slide 17: Software Testing Operation
Slide 18: Software Testing Tools
Slide 19: Benefits of Independent Testing Services
Slide 20: Advantages of Offshore Software Testing
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 21: Drivers & Challenges - Summary
Slide 22-27: Drivers
Slide 28-29: Challenges
Software Testing in Key Sectors
Slide 30-33: Software Testing in Key Sectors
Slide 34: Summary
Slide 35-41: Trends
Slide 42: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 43: Vendor Mapping
Slide 44-47: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 48: Major Public Companies - Summary
Slide 49-80: Major Public Players
Slide 81: Major Private Companies - Summary
Slide 82-111: Major Private Players
Slide 112: Strategic Recommendations
Slide 113-114: Opportunities
Slide 115: Opportunities in IT Hubs in India
Slide 116: Appendix
Slide 117: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12,2012-13)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Aug-Sep 2012, Sep-Oct 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, Nov-Dec 2012, Dec-Jan 2012)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2011, Dec 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Aug 2012, Sep 2012, Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Jan 2013)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Software Testing Market - Market Size & Growth (2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e and 2017e)
2. Share of Testing Performance Pattern
3. Share of Spending in Consumer & Enterprise Segment
4. India's Contribution in Outsourced Testing (2012 and 2020e)
5. Software Testing Market India - Market Size & Growth (2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e, 2017e)
6. Software Testing Export - Market Size & Growth - Market Size & Growth (2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e, 2017e)
7. Share of Traditional & Independent Testing Services (2012)
8. Share of Big players & SMBs & start-ups (2012)
9. Market Share By Major Industry Verticals
10. Market Share By Major Geographies
11. Market Share By Company Type in ITS
Drivers & Challenges
1. Share in Global Offshore IT Services Market
2. Share in Global ITeS/BPO Market
3. Growth in IT Services Sector - India (2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e, 2017e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Private Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2012)
2. Major Public Companies - Bubble Chart
3. Major Private Companies - Bubble Chart
4. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies)
b. Financial Snapshot
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
Drivers & Challenges
1. Adoption of Unique Growth Strategies by Vendors
1. Testing in Domain Specific Mobile Apps
1. Vendor Mapping
2. Public Trading Comparables (FY 2012)
3. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (All Companies)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Cigniti Technologies Ltd.
2. HCL Technologies Ltd.
3. Hexaware Technologies Ltd.
4. Infosys Ltd.
5. Satyam Computer Services Ltd.
6. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
7. Thinksoft Global Services Ltd.
8. Wipro Ltd.
1. Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
2. Computer Sciences Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
3. IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
4. Maveric Systems Ltd.
5. QA Infotech Pvt. Ltd. - Shareholding Pattern
6. SQS India Infosystems Pvt. Ltd.