Netscribes' latest market research report titled Smartphone Market in India 2015 illuminates the dynamics in the smartphone device market in India. A Smartphone is a cellular phone with better, faster and enhanced operating abilities and performance which was earlier restricted to Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) and portable computers. Smartphones are rapidly replacing feature phones in India.
Smartphone adoption in India is the fastest in Asia-Pacific region. With the number of vendors offering wide variety of smartphone devices, consumers are spoilt for choices with diverse features at different price. Consumers in India backed by comfortable disposable income at hand are quickly swapping their feature phones with the latest smartphones. The falling prices of smartphones are further accelerating the adoption trend.
While foreign companies have realized the opportunity in India for Smartphone devices and have brought it a number of India specific devices, domestic handset companies are targeting to capture larger market in the country with budget smartphones. New age consumers with improved disposable income and varied needs are quick to adopt smartphone, creating substantial opportunities for smartphone manufacturers.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-7: Smartphone - Overview, Major Smartphone Platforms
Slide 8-10: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 11: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 12-18: Drivers
Slide 19: Challenges
Slide 20-21: Key Trends - Smartphones
Slide 22: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 23-24: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 25-64: Major Private Players
Slide 65-67: Market Opportunity - Specific Areas
Slide 68-69: Recommendations
Slide 70: Key Ratios Description
Slide 71: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 to 2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Smartphone - Market Size and Growth (Shipment) (Global) (By Volume; 2013 - 2018e)
2. Smartphone - Market Size and Growth (Shipment) (India) (By Volume; 2013 - 2018e)
3. Smartphone - Market Share by Region (2013)
4. Smartphone - Market Share by Companies (2013)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
2. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
3. Employment Growth (2010, 2015e)
4. Gross Domestic Product - India (2004 - 2013)
5. Minimum Smartphone Price (By Value; 2009, 2014)
6. Market Growth - Subscribers of 3G Services (By Volume; 2013 - 2015e)
7. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (By Volume; 2006 - 2013)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Ownership Structure
1. Enterprise Mobility - Market Size & Growth (By Value; 2014e - 2015e)
2. Mobile Workforce - Size & Growth (By Volume; 2014e - 2015e)
3. Total Number of SMEs - India (By Volume; 2008 - 2016e)
4. Mobile Entertainment - Market Size (By Value; 2014e - 2015e)
- List of Tables
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles
a. Company Information
b. Products and Services
c. Key People
d. Shareholders of the Company
e. Key Ratios
f. Business Highlights
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Apple India Pvt. Ltd.
2. Karbonn Mobile India Pvt. Ltd.
3. Lava International Ltd.
4. Lenovo India Pvt. Ltd.
5. Micromax Informatics Ltd.
6. Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd.
7. Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
8. Sony India Pvt. Ltd.