Indian roofing industry has witnessed a huge change over the years primarily due to a decline in consumer preferences for conventional roofing options. Netscribes' latest market research report titled Roofing Tiles Market in India 2017 states that the domestic roofing tiles market is currently facing stiff competition from other roofing materials, such as, metal sheets and concrete roofs.
The roofing tiles market can be categorized into two broad segments - handmade tiles and machine made tiles. Use of machine made tiles is concentrated in the south western states of India, while handmade tiles dominate the northern parts of the country.
Roofing Tiles Market in India - Key Growth Factors
At present, India's roofing market is gradually developing for the next generation of products, with infrastructure and industrial boom being the primary demand driver for this sector. Moreover, increasing investment in infrastructure development by the Indian Government will continue to drive the demand for roofing tiles in India.
Also, changing consumer outlook and ban on asbestos will drive the growth of roofing tiles market in India.
Roofing Tiles Market in India - Threats and Key Players
Competition from other roofing materials has led to the decline in adoption of roofing tiles in India, which is hindering the overall growth of the sector. Furthermore, domestic manufacturers are unable to keep pace with the dynamically changing preferences of the consumers towards high quality roof tiles resulting in growing reliance on imports to meet domestic demand for roof tiles in India.
Also, unorganized sector and lack of skilled labor force required for roofing installation adversely impacts the roofing tiles market.
Morbi, located in Gujarat is the largest unorganized roofing tiles manufacturing hub in India, primarily focused on the production of ceramic tiles. Some of the other players in this sector include Kap India Tiles, Monier Roofing Pvt. Ltd., Pionnier Roofing Co. and Wienerberger India Pvt. Ltd.
What’s covered in the report?
- Overview of roofing tiles market in India and market size data over 2012 to 2022e
- Roofing tiles market segmentation data for rural vs urban sector and organized vs unorganized sector (2016e)
- Growth of households by material of roof and no. of households using handmade and machine made roofing tiles in India
- Overview of State - Wise Roofing Tiles Adoption in India
- Quantitative analysis of adoption of roofing material by households region-wise and state-wise
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Export - import scenario
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major players
- Gain a complete picture of the development, current market situation and future growth potential of the roofing tiles market in India till 2022
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business plans by understanding factors influencing growth in the market
- Be informed about the major domestic players in the foundry market sector and their contribution to the business
- Understand major competitors' business, market dynamics, and respond accordingly
With the given market data, Research on India offers customizations according to specific needs. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org