Netscribes' latest market research report titled Restaurant Market in India 2014 states that the restaurant market in India will grow at a steady pace in the coming years. The restaurant market size will grow further. The restaurant industry in India can be divided into a number of segments depending on what type of food they offer. Chain food services and licensed format are the two important modes of operations for restaurants in India. Restaurant market research has indicated that the Indian customers are fond of Italian and Chinese food. Growing disposable income along with increasing proportion of take away food is driving the market. A quarter of the population in India eats out at least twice per month.
Restaurant market analysis proves that the industry also faces a few barriers. Licensing in India is not a very smooth process in India. Food inflation is another persistent problem which the restaurant owners have to face. Lack of skilled manpower is another challenge. Cost of high real estate decreases the profit of the owners. Foreign players are now entering the Indian market. With their entry the concept of theme-based restaurants and cafes are becoming popular. There are a few restaurant chains which are doing very well in India. The local restaurants face a tough challenge from the chain restaurants. Market entry is not that tough except for a few strict regulations.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun 2013 - Nov 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5: Introduction - Major Restaurant Segments
Slide 6: Market Overview - India (In Value)
Slide 7-8: Market Segmentation
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 9: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 10-14: Drivers
Slide 15-16: Challenges
Slide 17-18: Government Initiatives
Slide 19: Trends - Summary
Slide 20-24 - Trends
Slide 25: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 26-30: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 31-38: Major Public Players
Slide 39-78: Major Private Players
Slide 79: Opportunities in the Restaurant Market
Slide 80-81: Recommendations
Slide 74: Key Ratios Description
Slide 75: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Restaurant Market (India) - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2013 - 2018e)
2. Restaurant Market (India) - Chain Food Services Market Segmentation (2013 - 2018e)
3. Restaurant Market (India) - Market Segmentation of Licensed Format (2013 - 2018e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Total Number of Households - India (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
2. Aggregate Annual Disposable income - India (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
3. Household Distribution by Annual income - India (2010 - 2020e)
4. Reasons for Eating Out
5. Views on Fast Food
6. Number of Times Food Ordered in a Month
7. Average Monthly Spend On Food Ordered From Outside
8. Percentage of Working Women in Urban Areas
1. Proportion of Outlets in the Market
2. Distribution of Brand Franchisors
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only, except Own Water (India) Pvt. Ltd.)
1. Market Segmentation - Organized and Unorganized
- List of Tables
1. Name of License and Issuing Authority
1. Major Foreign Players
2. Indian Players in Foreign Market
3. Theme-based Restaurants
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies.)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Jubilant FoodWorks Ltd.
2. Speciality Restaurants Ltd.
1. Barbeque-Nation Hospitality Ltd.
2. BJN Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
3. East West Ethnic Foods Pvt. Ltd.
4. Haldiram Ltd.
5. McDonalds India
6. Nirula's Corner House Pvt. Ltd.
7. Subway Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
8. Yum Restaurants (India) Pvt. Ltd.