Packaging fulfils the diverse role from protecting products, preventing spoilage, contamination, extending shelf life, ensuring safe storage thereby helping to make them readily available to consumers. India is one of the largest producers of commodities like food grains, sugar, milk, fruits, vegetables, pulses, tea and many other commodities. Plastics have emerged as the most preferred choice of packaging material for various products- from food, beverages, chemicals, electronic items and so on.
The report begins with the introduction section which offers a brief insight into the types of packaging done in India by way of function, way of packaging and type of packaging material used followed by the introduction into plastic packaging and the various types of plastics used for packaging. The market overview section provides an insight into the Indian packaging market and then moves on to the plastic packaging market, highlighting the market size and growth. Market segmentation of overall packaging market is also shown.
An analysis of the drivers explains the factors for growth of the plastic packaging industry. Demand for plastic packaging is expected to increase with the growth of retail sector and rising consumerism. Growing packaged food and beverage sector generates huge demand for plastic packaging segment. Demand from the FMCG and Pharmaceutical sector plays a key role in the growth of the market. Application of plastic packaging in paint and lubricant industry will add to the increasing use of plastic packaging. Under penetrated market provides significant opportunity for further growth. Changing lifestyle influencing the consumption pattern has positive impact on the plastic packaging segment. Contribution of rural sector coupled with logistics advantage will lead to strong growth in the market. The key challenges include ban on plastic packaging, rise in price of raw materials and lack of packaging machinery present in India. Increasing crude oil prices affect polymer, which becomes a cost disadvantage for the plastic packaging segment.
A brief overview of the current trends prevalent with the plastic packaging market is given which includes increasing preference of flexible packaging, use of In-Mold label, plastic packaging of beer, multi-layer plastic for longer shelf life of milk, avant-garde use of bio-plastics in packaging and other various types of emerging plastic packaging applications.
The competition section begins with the Porter's Five Forces Analysis, illustrating the competitive rivalry, bargaining power of suppliers and buyers and threat of new entrants and substitutes. It outlays the competitive landscape of the plastic packaging market in India briefing about the domestic players existing in the market. This section provides a three dimensional analysis of domestic key players' revenues, profits and market capitalization. The report also features brief profiles of major domestic players in the market and a snapshot of their corporation, financial performance along with the key financial ratios, business highlights and their product portfolio providing an insight into the existing competitive scenario.
The report concludes with a section on strategic recommendations which comprises an analysis of the growth strategies for the plastic packaging market in India.
- Table of Contents
Page 1: Executive summary
Page 2: Types of Packaging (By Function)
Page 3: Types of Packaging (By Way of Packing)
Page 4: Types of Packaging (By Material)
Page 5: Broad Classification of Plastic Packaging
Page 6: Advantages of Plastic Packaging
Page 7: Polymer types used for plastic packaging
Page 8: Indian Packaging Market - Overview, Size, Growth (Value Wise: 2011-15e) & segmentation
Page 9: Indian Plastic Packaging Market - Overview, Size & Growth (Value Wise: 2011-15e & Volume Wise: 2011-20e)
Drivers & Challenges
Page 10: Summary
Page 11-21: Drivers
Page 22-24: Challenges
Page 25: Summary
Page 26-30: Trends
Page 31: Market Competition - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Page 32: Major Public Companies: Summary
Page 33-56: Major Public Companies (Domestic)
Page 57: Major Private Companies: Summary
Page 58-72: Major Private Companies (Domestic)
Page 73: Strategic Recommendations
Page 74: Appendix
Page 75: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
1. Packaging Market - Indian Market Size and Growth (Value- wise 2011 - 2015e)
2. Packaging Market Segmentation
3. Plastic Packaging market - India Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise, 2010 - 2015e & Volume -Wise, 2011-2020e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Retail Market Size & Growth ( Value-Wise, 2010-2020e)
2. Major Retail Segments - Consumer Demand (2010)
3. Packaged Food and Beverage Industry ( Value-Wise, 2011-2015e)
4. Packaged Food Sales Region-wise (2011)
5. Growing Food Industry ( Value-Wise, 2011-2015e)
6. Processed Food Industry ( Value-Wise, 2004-2015e)
7. Absorption of Packaging Machinery & Materials (2011)
8. Growth in FMCG Sector ( Value-Wise, 2008-2018e)
9. FMCG - Major Segments (2010)
10. Pharmaceutical Market Size & Growth ( Value-Wise, 2009-2015e)
11. Paint Market Size & Growth ( Value-Wise, 2011-2020e)
12. Per Capita Packaging Expenditure (2011)
13. Per Capita Annual Flexible Packaging Consumption
14. Per Capita Plastic Consumption (2010)
15. Rise in Crude Oil Prices
1. Plastic Packaging of Beer (Volume-Wise: 2008-2013e)
1. Company profiles (All companies)
a. Bubble Chart (Based on revenue, net income and market capitalization/asset value)
b. Financial Snapshot (All Companies)
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Polymer types and applications
1. Plastic packaged products in major FMCG segments
2. Application of Plastic Packaging in Pharmaceutical Industry
3. Changing Consumption Pattern
1. Comparison of Flexible and Rigid Packaging
2. Advantages of In-mold labeled containers
3. Emerging trends and description
1. Company profiles (All companies)
a. Company information
b. Products and services
c. Key people
d. Key Financial Performance Indicators ( Except Private Companies)
e. Key Ratios
f. Business Highlights
1. Ratio Calculations
- Companies Covered
1. List of Public Companies
a) BASF India Ltd.
b) Essel Propack Ltd.
c) Ester Industries Ltd.
d) Jindal Poly Films Ltd.
e) Manjushree Technopack Ltd.
f) MoldTek Packaging Ltd.
g) Nilkamal Ltd.
h) Uflex Ltd.
2. List of Private Companies
a) APT Packaging Ltd.
b) Clear Mipak Packaging Solutions Ltd.
c) Graham Blow Pack Private Ltd.
d) Hidkari Industries Ltd.
e) Parksons Packaging Ltd.