Netscribes' latest market research report titled Plastic Packaging Market in India 2014 captures the largest segment of the overall domestic plastic packaging market. Plastic is the most common form of packaging being used in recent times because of its unique benefits that are as yet unmatched by other forms of packaging. The emerging retail sector and increased consumerism have provided a boost to the packaging sector, which further stimulates the demand for plastic packaging materials. Accelerated growth in the food and beverage sector, along with rise in demand witnessed within the FMCG sector, pharmaceutical industry, paint and lubricant industry together comprise some of the key factors propelling the plastic packaging sector. However, the industry also has to contend with several bottlenecks. Ban on plastic packaging of certain commodities is increasingly having an adverse impact on the industry. The Indian government is considering a ban on the usage of plastic owing to the potential health hazards arising from use of plastic bottles.
The domestic plastic packaging market is clearly segmented into the organized and unorganized sectors wherein the organized sector caters to the larger industry base that requires plastic packaging. Although the sector comprises both rigid as well as flexible plastics, the preference for flexible packaging over its rigid counterpart has been evident with the passage of time. In-mold label is also gaining popularity within the plastic packaging sector. Technologies using Bioplastics and nanoparticle layered plastic packaging are slowly gaining prominence. Plastics have increasingly replaced traditional materials in the Indian packaging sector due to their light weight and superior functionality. The Indian plastic packaging market is a robust market at present and has strong growth potential in the upcoming years.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5: Types of Packaging (By Function)
Slide 6: Types of Packaging (By Way of Packing)
Slide 7: Types of Packaging (By Material)
Slide 8-10: Plastic Packaging Overview
Slide 11: Packaging - Market Overview, Market Segmentation, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
Slide 12: Plastic Packaging - Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e, Volume wise; 2012 - 2020e)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 13: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 14-24: Drivers
Slide 25-28: Challenges
Slide 29: Trends - Summary
Slide 30-34: Major Trends in the Market
Slide 35: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 36-40: Competitive Benchmarking (FY 2013)
Slide 41-76: Major Public Players
Slide 77-96: Major Private Players
Slide 97: Strategic Insights
Slide 98: Key Ratios Description
Slide 99: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Packaging Market - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
2. Market Segmentation: Organized and Unorganized Sector
3. Plastic Packaging Market - Market Size & Growth (Value - Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
4. Plastic Packaging Market - Market Size & Growth (Volume - Wise; 2012 - 2020e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Retail Market Size & Growth (Value Wise; 2012 - 2015e)
2. Major Retail Segments (2012)
3. Packaged Food and Beverage Market Size and Growth (Value Wise; 2011 - 2016e)
4. Processed Food Industry (Value Wise; 2012 - 2015e)
5. PET Bottle Market (Value and Volume Wise; 2012 - 2016e)
6. Packaged Juice Market (Value Wise; 2012 - 2015e)
7. Packaged Milk Market (Value Wise; 2012 - 2015e)
8. Growth in FMCG Sector (Value Wise; 2012 - 2020e)
9. FMCG - Major Segments (2013e)
10. Pharmaceutical Market Size & Growth (Value Wise; 2012 - 2020e)
11. Paint Market Size & Growth (Value Wise; 2011-12 - 2016 -17e)
12. Country wise per Capita Consumption of Packaged Goods (2012)
13. Country wise Polymer Consumption (2012-13)
14. Annual Flexible Packaging Consumption
15. PET Bottle Consumption (2012-13)
16. Rise in Crude Oil Prices (July 2010 - December 2013)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
- List of Tables
Drivers & Challenges
1. Use of Plastic Packaged Products in FMCG sectors
2. Application of Plastic Packaging in Pharmaceutical Industry
3. Changing Consumption Pattern
4. Government Initiatives: Ban on Plastic Packaging (Feb 2011 and Feb 2012)
1. Comparison of Flexible and Rigid Packaging
2. Description of Other Emerging trends
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. BASF India Ltd.
2. Essel Propack Ltd.
3. Jindal Poly Films Ltd.
4. Manjushree Technopack Ltd.
5. MoldTek Packaging Ltd.
6. Nilkamal Ltd.
7. Uflex Ltd.
8. Ester Industries Ltd.
1. Clear Mipak Packaging Solutions Ltd.
2. Graham Blow Pack Pvt. Ltd.
3. Parksons Packaging Ltd.
4. APT Packaging Ltd.