Netscribes' latest market research report titled Photovoltaic Generator Market in India 2014 states that the renewable energy sector is gaining prominence in India. With the country facing a continuous shortfall in the supply of conventional sources required to meet the increasing demand for energy in recent years, the focus is gradually shifting from conventional to renewable sources of energy. In order to reduce the current demand-supply gap for electricity within the country, the renewable energy sector has to be given high importance. With several solar PV projects coming up under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM), the demand for PV cells and modules is expected to increase significantly. Moreover, the capital costs involved in setting up solar PV projects in India, along with the feasible geographical location of the country that enables it to receive around 3,000 hours of sunshine each year, makes solar PV a highly viable option for electricity generation. The domestic solar PV industry has also attracted significant investments over the past few years. These factors will ensure that the market continues to exhibit steady future growth.
The Government of India is actively involved in the development of the renewable energy sector. Through its various programs, it has directly and indirectly benefitted the solar PV industry. The market is characterized by high competition among players. Although the import of low cost products from China has had a negative impact on the business of organized players, the market continues to exhibit steady growth which is expected to benefit the industry as a whole.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: India - Energy Scenario and Region-Wise Installed Capacity
Slide 6: India - Energy Demand-Supply Forecasts (2006-07, 2011-12, 2016-17e)
Slide 7: Renewable Energy Scenario, Energy Market Segmentation and Renewable Energy Market Segmentation
Slide 8: Components of a Solar PV Plant and Types of PV Cells
Slide 9: Types of PV Systems
Slide 10: Photovoltaic Generator - Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
Slide 11: Photovoltaic Generator - Modules Used: Segmentation (2012) and Indian Solar Photovoltaic Manufacturing Capacity (2012)
Slide 12: Solar PV Value Chain
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 13: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 14-18: Drivers
Slide 19-21: Challenges
Slide 22: Key Trends - Summary
Slide 23-26: Major Trends in the Market
Applications of Solar PV
Slide 27-28: Major Application Areas of Solar PV
Slide 29: Government Participation - Summary
Slide 30-35: Major Government Bodies and Key Initiatives and Programmes
Slide 36: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 37-41: Competitive Benchmarking (FY 2013)
Slide 42-61: Major Public Players
Slide 62-108: Major Private Players
Slide 109: Key Strategic Initiatives
Slide 110: Key Ratios Description
Slide 111: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. India Energy Demand - Supply Forecasts (2006-07, 2011-12, 2016-17e)
2. Energy Market Segmentation (Jan 2013)
3. Renewable Energy Market Segmentation (Jan 2013)
1. Photovoltaic Generator - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
2. PV Modules Used - Segmentation (2012)
3. Indian Solar PV Manufacturing Capacity (2012)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Benchmark Capital Costs for Solar PV (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
2. Solar PV Power Tariff Rate Trends (2010, 2011, 2012, 2017e)
3. Import of Coal - Value-Wise (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14e)
4. Peak Power Shortage (2010 - 2015e)
5. Per capita Power Consumption (2010, 2015e)
6. Time of Commissioning Various Types of Renewable Energy Projects
7. Capital Required for Various Types of Renewable Energy Projects
8. Import of PV Cells from China (2009, 2010,2011,2012)
Applications of Solar PV
1. Rise in Telecom Towers (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-2013)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies; except Reliance Solar Pvt. Ltd.)
b. Financial Snapshot (except Lanco Solar Pvt. Ltd. and Reliance Solar Pvt. Ltd.)
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies
- List of Tables
1. Investments in Domestic Solar PV Power Producing Industry
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies, Except Reliance Solar Pvt. Ltd.)
a. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
b. Key Ratios (except Lanco Solar Pvt. Ltd. and Reliance Solar Pvt. Ltd.)
e. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
2. Indosolar Ltd.
3. Moser-Baer India Ltd.
4. Websol Energy System Ltd.
5. XL Energy Ltd.
1. Central Electronics Ltd.
2. Lanco Solar Pvt. Ltd.
3. Photon Energy Systems Ltd.
4. Reliance Solar Pvt. Ltd.
5. Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd.
6. Titan Energy Systems Ltd.
7. USL Photovoltaics Pvt. Ltd.
8. Vikram Solar Pvt. Ltd.
9. Azure Power India Pvt. Ltd.
10. Maharishi Solar Technology Pvt. Ltd.