Netscribes' latest market research report titled OTC Drug Market in India 2014 highlights the analysis of the drivers and explains the factors for growth of the industry. Increasing self-medicated patient population, growing confidence in OTC drugs, and change of prescription drugs to OTC drugs are the key drivers of this market. The various segments of OTC drugs such as Vitamins & Minerals, Gastrointestinal, and Cough Cold & Allergy etc. are the major reasons for the popularity of the OTC drug market.
Growing number of self-treatment patient base and their confidence in the OTC drugs is helping the Indian market to grow. Prescription drugs, after becoming OTC, present a huge opportunity for growth. OTC drugs increase the availability of different types of drugs intended for self-medication among patients, which helps in the growth of the market. The increasing disposable income of people is also helping to boost the market size. Some challenges faced by the industry are the internal competition between large pharmaceutical companies. Another challenge is the penetration of OTC drugs in rural areas which is very low. Various government initiatives have been undertaken to reduce the drug prices and various tax reforms and control programs are promoting the growth of the market as well.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Major OTC Segments
Slide 6-13: Global OTC Drug Market - Overview, Market Size & Growth (2012-2018e), OTC bulletin, Top OTC Brands, Indian OTC Drug Market - Overview, Market Size & Growth (2013-2018e), Market Segmentation, Vitamins & Minerals - Overview & Growth, Gastrointestinals - Overview & Growth, Cough, Cold and Allergy - Overview & Growth, Analgesics - Overview & Growth, Dermatologicals - Overview & Growth, Lifestyle OTCs - Overview & Growth, Top 10 Indian OTC Brands
Slide 14-15: Market Value Chain Analysis
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 16: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 17-21: Drivers
Slide 22-23: Challenges
Slide 24: Government Initiatives - Summary
Slide 25: National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM), Jan Aushadhi Stores (JAS)
Slide 26: Various tax reforms and control programmes
Slide 27: Licensing and registration of pharmaceuticals
Slide 28: Various other regulatory frameworks
Slide 29: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 30: Public Trading Comparables, Top 3 Companies
Slide 30-33: Competitive Benchmarking, Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2013)
Slide 34: Competitive Benchmarking, Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Financial Basis (FY 2013)
Slide 35-80: Major Public Players
Slide 81: Recent Developments
Slide 82-83: Strategies
Slide 84: Key Ratios Description
Slide 85: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - March 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual ( 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Global Market Size and Growth (2012-2018e)
2. Reasons for OTC usage Growth
3. Indian Market Size and Growth (2012-2018e)
4. Market Segmentation (2012)
5. Vitamins & Minerals - Growth
6. Gastrointestinals - Growth
7. Cough, Cold and Allergy - Growth
8. Analgesics - Growth
9. Dermatologicals - Growth
10. Lifestyle OTCs - Growth
Drivers & Challenges
1. Consumer's attitude towards minor ailments
2. Self-medication rates towards OTC Products
3. Increase in life expectancy
4. Population over 60 years
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2013)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot (All Companies)
b. Key Business segments (All Companies)
c. Key Geographic segments (All Companies)
- List of Tables
1. OTC Brands of the Year (2013)
2. Global Positioning of Companies (2013)
3. Top 10 Global OTC Brands (2013)
4. Top 10 Indian OTC Brands (2013)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Reasons for RX - to - OTC switching
Regulation & Patents
1. Guidelines monitoring the drug manufacturing, marketing and pricing operations
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Key Financial Performance Indicators (All Companies)
e. Key Ratios (All Companies)
f. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Recent developments
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Amrutanjan Healthcare Ltd.
2. Cipla Ltd.
3. Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
4. GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
5. Lupin Ltd.
6. Novartis India Ltd.
7. Pfizer Ltd.
8. P& G
9. Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
10. Merck Ltd Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd..