The new report, 'Online Marketing in India', deliberates on the present condition of online marketing in the Indian context.
With recession looming large and companies still striving towards cost optimization, online marketing comes as a welcome relief for those concerns who look at reducing marketing costs. Moreover with the given number of internet users which is on the increasing curve and related searches made by average users, it becomes only prominent that potential to reach new prospects is immense. The concept is fast getting adopted by diverse companies who have realized that they need to go beyond traditional form of marketing and opt for something that has wider reach as also reduces cost marginally. Factors in the likes of presence of large domestic internet base, outlook towards online media by plebeians have brought about a positive change that supports proliferation of this form of marketing.
Online presence is a must for companies in the present-day context as maximum customers can be targeted in that medium only. Additionally, staying in a particular place and yet dealing with clients from across boundaries is possible only through online marketing at a much toned down cost. Search engine optimization and social media are two popular concepts in the Indian context for branding and promotion. Companies offering such services are finding more takers which is reflected at the springing of a considerable number of players in this sector.
There are varied tools available to facilitate this process of online marketing a smooth one for businesses. Social media marketing has surfaced to be a component playing an active role in online marketing campaign. Online PRs and emails have evolved as yet other tools that are sent to prospects to convert them into potential leads. Online directories and listings help in registering business information and key people who can again be targeted as potential prospects.
A chief trend that has surfaced in this sector is the advent of mobile marketing. As India continues to witness spurt in the usage of mobile phones, predominantly smartphones, companies are now looking at targeting mobile marketing as well. Related apps and social media interactions are processed through mobile phones whish is expected to be major game-changer in years to come. Content marketing with visuals is slated to achieve new heights as is evident in Pinterest which has stood as one of the top social networking channels.
Absence of any sort of Government regulation aided with considerably lesser initial costs requiring setting up businesses makes this sector quite easy to enter. Presence of multifarious players in this sector is proven by the above said fact. Since this concept is still relatively new in India, there are ample opportunities and untapped potential which can be capitalized on. Though impediments such as general lack of confidence in online marketing and literacy and language barriers exist, yet the sector is slated to witness significant growth in the ensuing years.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Macro Economic Indicators
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10 - 2012-13), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Oct 2012 - Mar 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011 - Feb 2012), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Nov 2012- Apr 2013)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13), FDI Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-6: Online Marketing - Introduction
Slide 7-10: Online Marketing Mix
Slide 11: Online Marketing - Where It Pitches
Slide 12: Online Marketing - Reasons to Pitch It
Slide 13: Online Marketing - Global Overview, Online Ad Spending (2012 to 2015e)
Slide 14-15: Global Snapshots
Slide 16: Online Marketing - India Overview, Market Size & Growth (2011 to 2016e), Share of Online Marketing in Overall Advertising Sector (2012-2016e)
Slide 17: Online Marketing - India Snapshots
Online Marketing Types
Slide 18-31: Types
Online Marketing Tools
Slide 32-44: Types
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 45: Drivers & Challenges - Summary
Slide 46-51: Drivers
Slide 52-54: Challenges
Slide 55: Summary
Slide 56-62: Trends
Slide 63: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 64-67: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 68: Major Players - Summary
Slide 69-113: Major Private Players
Slide 114-117: Strategic Insights
Slide 118: Appendix
Slide 119: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10 - 2012-13)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Aug-Sep 2012 - Dec-Jan 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011 - Feb 2012)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Sep 2012 - Feb 2013)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
7. FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
8. Online Marketing - Online Ad Spending - Global growth by Region (2012 to 2015e)
9. Online Marketing - US Social Media Ad Spending (2011-2016e), Where Advertising agencies are planning to spend on Social Media
10. Online Marketing - Global Segmentation of Ad Formats (2012)
11. Online Marketing - Global Advertising Pie (2012)
12. Online Marketing - India Market Size & Growth (2011-2016e)
13. Online Marketing - Share of Online Marketing in Overall Advertising Sector (2012-2016e)
14. Online Marketing - Segmentation (2012)
15. Types of Online Marketing in India to Increase Spending in 2013
Online Marketing Types
16. People using Social Media
17. Usage of Social Media of all web Uses
18. Social Media Users who think Companies should have presence in Social Media
19. Proportion of company related blogs in social media
20. Search Engine - Market Share (2012)
21. Internet Users who opt for Search Engines as the 1st step to look for a product
22. Purchases made online through sites that are listed on search engine result lists
23. Internet users depending on search engine for requirement of information
24. Users not finding what they are searching on internet and going away
25. Proportion in total marketing budget
26. Companies that had opted for email marketing
27. Companies who plan for email campaigns on weekly, monthly or quarterly basis
28. Proportion of generating more qualified leads
29. Advertising Budget for Advertisers
30. Online Advertising Spending (2012)
Drivers & Challenges
31. Total Internet Subscribers - India (2008-2015e)
32. Number of Broadband Subscribers - India (2007-2015e)
33. Duration of Usage - Average Hours/Week (2009-2011)
34. Mobile Internet - Growth (2010-2015e)
35. Rise in Mobile Internet (2010-2015e)
36. Expatriate Population (by Geography)
37. Problems faced by Users in Online Display advertisement
38. English Internet Users in India
39. Literacy Levels in India
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Private Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2012)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies)
b. Financial Snapshot
- List of Tables
1. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies)
e. Key Ratios
f. Business Highlights (All Companies)
3. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. AdGlobal 360 India Pvt. Ltd.
2. BC Web Wise Pvt. Ltd.
3. Geek Online Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
4. Hanmer MSL Communications Pvt. Ltd.
5. iGenero Web Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
6. Interactive Avenues Pvt. Ltd.
7. Media2win India Pvt. Ltd.
8. Pinstorm Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
9. Windchimes Communications Pvt. Ltd.