Netscribes' latest market research report titled Nutraceuticals Market in India 2014 states that the increasing shift towards preventive medication, backed by the growing purchasing power of Indian consumers, is fueling growth in the market. The nutraceutical sector can be categorized into three broad segments - dietary supplements, functional food and functional beverages. Dietary supplements have witnessed a consistent rise in demand owing to the increasing health consciousness prevalent among individuals, particularly the growing Indian middle class population. Probiotics market is at a nascent stage. However, it is one of the most promising categories under the functional food segment and has huge growth potential in the near future, driven by the growing interests of consumers as well as market players. Modern day on-the-go lifestyles of Indian consumers have also promoted the growing use of functional beverages such as energy drinks and fortified juices.
People today are becoming more prone to consuming immunity-enhancing food supplements and wellness related products. This is promoting the growth of the nutraceuticals market with players diversifying into production of various new categories of products. Ayurvedic nutraceuticals, cosmeceuticals and nanoceuticals are some of the emerging products in the market. Currently, there is a good mix of pharmaceutical and food companies present in the market. With time, consumers have emerged as being more conscious about their health and how they look and feel, thus providing tremendous growth prospects for the market, which players can capitalize upon.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Nutraceutical - Definition and Segments
Slide 6: Dietary Supplements - Overview
Slide 7: Functional Foods - Overview
Slide 8: Functional Beverages - Overview
Slide 9: Genesis of Probiotics
Slide 10: Therapeutic Benefits of Probiotics
Slide 11: Pharmaceutical Company-wise Probiotics Brands
Slide 12: Nutraceuticals - Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; FY2012 - FY2018e), Market Segmentation (Percentage Share; 2012)
Slide 13: Probiotics - Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2011 - 2018e), Market Segmentation (Percentage Share; 2012)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 14: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 15-19: Drivers
Slide 20-21: Challenges
Value Chain Analysis
Slide 22: Value Chain Analysis - Nutraceuticals Market
Slide 23: Trends - Summary
Slide 24-29: Major Trends in the Nutraceuticals Market
Slide 30-33: Major Food and Safety Standards influencing the Nutraceuticals Market
Slide 34: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 35-39: Competitive Benchmarking - Public Companies
Slide 40-83: Major Public Companies
Slide 84-104: Major Private Companies
Slide 105: Key Recommendations
Slide 106: Key Ratios Description
Slide 107: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Nutraceuticals - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; FY2012, FY2013, FY2014e, FY2015e, FY2016e, FY2017e, FY2018e)
2. Nutraceuticals - Market Segmentation (2012)
3. Probiotics - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e, 2017e, 2018e)
4. Probiotics - Market Segmentation (2012)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Prevalence of Chronic Lifestyle Diseases in India
2. Growth in Middle Class Population (FY2011, FY2016e)
3. Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) (2011, 2016e)
4. Population Above 60 years in India (2010, 2015e)
5. Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Expenditure (2012)
6. Monthly Per Capita Expenditure (2010)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 4 Major Public Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (FY2013)
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies)
b. Financial Snapshot: Total Income and Net Profit/Loss (FY2010, FY2011, FY2012, FY2013) (All Companies)
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Dietary Supplements: Key Products - Segments and Examples
2. Functional Foods: Key Products - Segments and Examples
3. Functional Beverages: Key Products - Segments and Examples
4. Therapeutic Benefits of Probiotics : Parameters and Benefits
5. Pharmaceutical Company-wise Probiotics Brands
1. Foreign Tie-ups Company-wise
2. Players Educating Consumers Company-wise
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (All Companies)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Dabur India Ltd.
2. Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
3. Lupin Ltd.
4. Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
5. Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
6. Wockhardt Ltd.
7. Abbott India Ltd.
8. GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd.
9. Pfizer Ltd.
1. Amway India Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.
2. Herbalife International India Pvt. Ltd.
3. The Himalaya Drug Company
4. Yakult Danone India Pvt. Ltd.