Netscribes' latest market research report titled Netbook Market in India 2014 states that netbook sales in India have been growing with major demand from the home segment. Personal computer market is expected to grow as the economy is recovering. The newest addition to this consumer product group is notebooks and netbooks. However, it has been seen that there is no clear demarcation between inexpensive notebook and netbook as an upgraded version of a netbook is marketed as a notebook. Requirements for greater mobility along with the demand for low cost personal computer are expected to develop the netbook market in India.
An analysis of drivers explain factors contributing to the growth of netbook market including growing SMB, development of cloud computing, introduction of 3G, demand from upper and middle income group and opportunity in tier II and tier III city. Challenges include development of iPad and tablet PC, and limited acceptability. The major trends include convergence of mobile and PC, netbook as lifestyle PC and netbook as a first buy option.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-6: Netbook Market - Types of PCs and Features
Slide 7-10: Market Overview - India and Government Regulations
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 11: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 12-16: Drivers
Slide 17: Challenges
Slide 18: Trends - Summary
Slide 19: Key Trends
Slide 26: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 23-26: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 27-34: Major Public Players
Slide 35-72: Major Private Players
Slide 73-74: Key Opportunities
Slide 75-76: Recommendations
Slide 77: Key Ratios Description
Slide 78: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 to 201-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Sales Volume of Netbooks (Global) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
2. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only.)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
- List of Tables
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Tax Measures
2. Trade Measures
Drivers and Challenges
1. Other reasons to buy netbook
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. HCL Infosystems Ltd.
2. Zenith Computers Ltd.
1. Hewlett Packard India Sales
2. Lenovo India Pvt. Ltd.
3. Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
4. Sony India Pvt. Ltd.
5. Toshiba India Pvt. Ltd.
6. Dell India Pvt. Ltd.
7. Acer India Pvt. Ltd.
8. Asus India Pvt. Ltd.