Netscribes' latest market research report titled Mobile Wallet Market in India 2017 states that the digital market has greatly benefitted from the recent demonetization in India, which has boosted the usage of m-wallets in the country. The m-wallet is driven by increased usage of smartphones, 3G and 4G penetration and growth of e-commerce industry, combined with the rise in disposable income. Post demonetization, the monthly average wallet spending has jumped from INR 500-700 to INR 2000-10,000. Within next four years, prepaid instruments transactions will grow to become the double of mobile banking transactions. Companies like PayTm, FreeCharge, Mobikwik, My Airtel, Oxigen Wallet, My Vodafone, and Pockets by ICICI are the main players in this industry.
Increased cases for cybercrimes in India, lack of trust in digital payment gateway, compatibility issues, consumer mindset and financial regulations are adversely affecting the market. Many companies are expanding and restructuring with the aim of not only increasing their gross merchandise value but also to launch other financial services such as loans and investments on their platform. With the convenience of payment and other benefits offered by digital gateways, the m-wallet industry is expected to grow exponentially.
Overview of the forecasted mobile wallet market size over FY 2016 to 2020e
Overview of the mobile wallet transaction market size over FY 2016 to FY 2020e
Evolution of consumer digital payments
Mobile wallet payment varieties
Types of mobile wallets
Growth in mobile wallet banking and prepaid instruments
Mode of payment-wise segmentation
Market segmentation of mobile wallet services and gender-wise segmentation
Future opportunities of mobile wallets
Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major public and private players
Recent developments in the industry
Get a broad understanding of the mobile wallet sector in India, its link to the overall digital payment gateway products, the major segmentations of the sector and current state of the same
Be informed about the post demonization and its effects on mobile wallets
Understand major competitors' business, market dynamics, and respond accordingly
Be informed regarding the key areas of opportunity in the mobile wallet sector
Make more informed business decisions with the help of insightful recommendations provided to succeed in the mobile wallet sector
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: Total Population (2010-2011 - 2019-2020), Population Density (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 3: Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Urbanization Trend (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 4: Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
Slide 5: Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011), Rural Literacy (2001, 2011), Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
Slide 6: GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014), FDI (2010-2014), Inflation Rate (2010-2014), Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
Slide 7: Access to Safe Drinking Water (2001, 2011), Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
Slide 8: Market Definition and Structure
Slide 9: Evolution of consumer digital payments
Slide 10: Mobile wallet payment varieties
Slide 11: Types of mobile payments
Slide 12: Market Overview
Slide 13: Growth in Mobile Banking and Prepaid Instruments
Slide 14- Slide 16: Market segmentation
Slide 17- Slide 18: Future of mobile wallets
Slide 19- Slide 20: Market Drivers
Slide 21- Slide 22: Market Challenges
Slide 23: List of Major Players
Slide 24-31: Profiles of Major Players
Slide 32: Key Recent Developments
Slide 33: Research Methodology
- List of Figures
1. Total Population and Population Density (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
2. Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020)
3. Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020)
4. Urbanization Trend (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
5. Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
6. Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
7. Total number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
8. Total number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
9. Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011)
10. Rural Literacy (2001, 2011)
11. Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
12. GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014)
13. FDI (2010-2014)
14. Inflation Rate (2010-2014)
15. Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
16. Access to safe drinking water (2001, 2011)
17. Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
1. Market definition and Structure
2. Market size and growth forecast (FY 2016- FY 2020e)
3. Growth in mobile wallets and prepaid instruments
4. Market segmentation on mode of payment (FY 2015 and FY 2016)
5. Market segmentation on mobile wallet service-wise (FY 2015) and gender-wise (FY 2015)
6. Player-wise segmentation (FY 2015)
- List of Tables
1. Mobile wallet payment varieties
2. Types of mobile wallets
3. Future opportunities of mobile wallet
1. List of Major Players
- Companies Covered
1. Accelyst Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
2. Citrus Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
3. ItzCash Card Ltd.
4. One MobiKwik Systems Pvt. Ltd.
5. Oxigen Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
6. Paytm Mobile Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
7. PhonePe Pvt. Ltd.
8. Pay U Payments Pvt. Ltd.