India houses 886.3 mn cellular subscribers. This huge subscriber base is approximately split in 70:30 between rural and urban users respectively. With falling prices of mobile voice calls and text messages, telecom operators are turning to additional services which are offered to customers; such services are called Mobile Value Added Services or MVAS. With diverse demography, lifestyle and consumer preferences amongst urban, sub-urban and rural consumers across the country, MVAS are destined to generate high returns.
Indian Telecom sector is betting big on MVAS segment with wide variety of products in variable price range. MVAS adoption is polished to increase by manifold with increasing numbers of mobile devices and rising demand for mobile contents across India. With modern mobile platforms mobile VAS is catering to the various needs in infotainment segment. Rise in disposable income has revolutionized consumers' buying and spending pattern towards PC, mobile devices, communication equipment and services. It has catalyzed the trend of smartphone & featurephone which enhances the scope for MVAS with mobile apps and rich mobile content.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5: Mobile Value Added Services - Overview, Fundamental MVAS Value Chain
Slide 6-10: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India, MVAS Components, MVAS Revenue Sharing Model, Major MVAS Delivery Platforms, SWOT Analysis of MVAS Market in India
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 11: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 12-20: Drivers
Slide 21: Challenges
Slide 22: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 23-30: Major Public Players
Slide 31-71: Major Private Players
Slide 72-73: Market Opportunity - Potential Verticals
Slide 74: Opportunity in Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
Slide 75-78: Vendor Opportunities
Slide 79-81: Recommendations
Slide 82: Key Ratios Description
Slide 83: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 to 2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Mobile VAS (Global) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2013 - 2018e)
2. Mobile VAS (India) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2013 - 2018e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Smartphone - Market Size (Shipment) (2013 - 2017e)
2. Minimum Smartphone Price (2009, 2014*)
3. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (2006 - 20013)
4. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
5. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
6. Employment Growth (2010, 2015e)
7. Gross Domestic Product - India (2004 - 2013)
8. Market Growth - Subscribers of 3G Services (2013e, 2015e)
9. Growth & Size - Enterprise Mobility Market (2014e, 2015e)
10. Amount of Transactions - Debit / Credit Cards (India) (First Half of FY 12, First Half of FY 13)
11. Credit / Debit Card - Share (2013)
1. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only.)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
1. Total Number of SMEs - India (2008 - 2016e)
- List of Tables
1. MVAS Revenue Sharing Model
2. Major MVAS Delivery Platforms
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Geodesic Ltd.
2. OnMobile Global Ltd.
1. ACL Mobile Ltd.
2. Altruist Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
3. CanvasM Technologies Ltd.
4. Comviva Technologies Ltd.
5. Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
6. IMI Mobile Pvt. Ltd.
7. Netxcell Ltd.
8. One97 Communications Ltd.
9. People Infocom Pvt. Ltd.
10. Spice Digital Ltd.