Netscribes’ research report Mobile Internet Market in India 2017 uncovers the key trends in the mobile internet industry, challenges and opportunities, key players, and the current market dynamics of the mobile internet market in India.
Mobile internet usage in India has propelled since the introduction of 4G and Reliance Jio’s aggressive pricing strategies. Currently, India has the third largest internet user base in the world, of which, more than 50% are mobile internet users.
Mobile Internet Market in India Key Growth Factors
According to Netscribes, the internet user base in India is expected to reach 730 million by the end of 2020, with nearly 75% of new user growth expected to come from rural areas. Evolving demographics, consumer behavior, rising demand and lowering prices of smartphones, and growing the adoption of social networking are some of the major drivers for growth in the Indian mobile internet market.
The Indian Government's ‘Digital India’ initiative, which aims to utilize the potential of digital technologies to address significant socioeconomic challenges in the country has also acted as one of the major growth drivers of the market.
Mobile Internet Market in India Threats and Key Players
Lack of awareness about the applications of internet usage and high data tariffs are the major barriers to the growth of the mobile internet market in India. Also, inferior and inconsistent network services have a negative impact on the mobile internet market. The rise in local broadband players providing low-cost data plans is another barrier, which mobile internet network operators need to overcome.
The top five players in the mobile internet sector includes Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, BSNL and Aircel – accounting for 76.41% of the total subscribers in the country.
What’s covered in the report?
- Overview of the mobile internet market in India and forecasted market size data over 2013 to 2020
- Data Usage in India By Device as of September 2016
- Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Market dynamics through major trends and opportunities
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major public and private players
- Detailed description of the ‘Digital India’ initiative by the Government of India
- Key recent developments associated with the mobile internet market in India
- Get a broad understanding of the mobile internet market in India, the dynamics of the market and current state of the same
- Be informed regarding the major trends of adoption for mobile internet and the prime opportunity areas in the market
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business plans by understanding factors influencing growth in the market
- Understand major competitors’ business, market dynamics, and respond accordingly
- Make more informed business decisions with the help of insightful recommendations provided to succeed in the market
With the given market data, Research on India offers customizations according to specific needs. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org