Netscribes' latest market research report titled Mobile Internet Market in India 2014 highlights the dynamics of the domestic mobile Internet market. Mobile Internet services provide access to an abundance of circumstantially appropriate information available on the World Wide Web across a range of mobile devices covering multiple wireless networks. A variety of mobile devices such as smartphones, featurephones, tablets and broadband modems can take advantage of mobile data services for a host of purposes such as web surfing, emails, video and music streaming, file download and upload, and various mobile applications, among others. Due to the growing mobile devices usage and busy lifestyles of consumers, the need for Internet on-the-go has attained priority status.
3G services generate one third of the total mobile data, the majority of which comes from the metro cities and other urban areas in India. At the same time, almost 50% of India's smartphone users still use 2G services. The overall number of people using smartphones to access the Internet in India rose by around 137% in 2013. This has also led to increased demand for mobile apps and game usage, factors that indirectly influence mobile web usage within the country. With India taking steady steps towards the maturity of 3G services, along with the greater adoption of 4G services, the market provides significant opportunities for associated products. Hence, mobile Internet market in India is poised for dynamic growth in the coming years.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun 2013 - Nov 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-7: Mobile Internet - Overview, Mobile Network and Internet Evolution, Comparison of Mobile Network Technologies
Slide 8-13: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India, Service Provider wise Internet Access via Wireless Devices (Jun 2013), Region wise Internet Access via Wireless Devices (Jun 2013)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 14: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 15-21: Drivers
Slide 22-23: Challenges
Slide 24-26: Major Trends in the Market
Slide 27: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 28-32: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 33-48: Major Public Players
Slide 49-79: Major Private Players
Slide 80-82: Opportunities in the Enterprise segment, Mobile Entertainment segment, Social Networking
Slide 83: SWOT Analysis of Mobile Internet Market
Slide 84-86: Recommendations
Slide 87-92: Mobile Internet Usage and Preferences Survey
Slide 93: Key Ratios Description
Slide 94: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun-Jul 2013 - Oct-Nov 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
8. Healthcare Sector - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
9. Healthcare Market Segmentation
10. Healthcare Expenditure of Population by Economic Standard
1. Mobile Broadband Subscription (Global) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2013 - 2017e)
2. Mobile Internet Access (India) - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2017e)
3. Wireless Data Subscriber Base (India) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2013e - 2016e)
4. Quarterly Mobile Internet Subscriber Base - Market Size and Growth (Volume-Wise; QE Jun 2010 - QE Jun 2013)
5. Service Provider-wise Mobile Internet Subscriber Base (Percentage; Jun 2012, Jun 2013)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (2006-2013e)
2. Smartphone - Market Size (Shipment) (2013e-2017e)
3. Minimum Smartphone Price (2009, 2014)
4. Total No. of Household (mn) (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
5. Per Household Annual Income
6. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
7. Employment Growth (2010-2015e)
8. Gross Domestic Product - India (2004-2013)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot (except Videocon Telecommunications Ltd., Unitech Wireless Ltd.)
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
- List of Tables
1. Internet Access Technologies
2. Comparison of Mobile Network Technologies
3. Joint ventures and tie-ups
4. Exhibitions and trade fairs
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Bharti Airtel Ltd.
2. Idea Cellular Ltd.
3. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.
4. Reliance Communications Ltd.
1. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
2. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
3. Tata Teleservices Ltd.
4. Videocon Telecommunications Ltd.
5. Aircel Cellular Ltd.
6. Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd.
7. Unitech Wireless Ltd.
8. Vodafone India Ltd.