Netscribes' latest market research report titled Mobile Commerce Market in India 2014 illuminates the dynamics in the domestic m-commerce market. Mobile Commerce or m-commerce is the activity of commencing commercial transactions between both B2C and B2B entities via mobile devices. Indian retail market has experienced high growth over the last decade with a gradual shift towards modern retailing formats. With growing numbers of mobile devices and mammoth wireless subscriber base, the focus is slowly shifting to mobile platforms.
Although mobile commerce market in India is in nascent stage, m-payment and m-banking segments have shown significant growth over the last few years. Initiatives taken by the government and financial organizations to reach India's un-banked population are fueling growth in the latter segments. Huge mobile subscriber base in India and increasing trend of shopping over internet has set the stage for m-commerce in India, but low awareness and security concerns are delaying significant adoption of the same. Leveraging on enhanced reach like MVAS and diverse features like of e-commerce, m-commerce is poised for greater adoption across India, in the coming years.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-6: Mobile Commerce (M-Commerce) Overview, Retail Ecosystem with M-Commerce
Slide 7-9: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 10: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 11-20: Drivers
Slide 21-22: Challenges
Slide 23: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 24-31: Major Public Players
Slide 32-72: Major Private Players
Slide 73-75: Market Opportunities - Potential Verticals
Slide 76-78: Recommendations
Slide 79: Key Ratios Description
Slide 80: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 to 2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Mobile Commerce - Market Size & Growth (Global) (By Value; 2013 - 2018e)
2. Mobile Commerce - Market Size & Growth (India) (By Value; 2013 - 2018e)
3. Mobile Banking Transactions - Growth (By Volume; 2013 - 2018e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Smartphone - Market Size (Shipment) (By Volume; 2013e - 2017e)
2. Minimum Smartphone Price (2009, 2014*)
3. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (2006 - 20013)
4. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
5. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
6. Employment Growth (2010, 2015e)
7. Gross Domestic Product - India (2004 - 2013)
8. Subscribers of 3G Services (2013e, 2015e)
9. Number of Credit Cards (2013, 2016e)
10. Credit & Debit Card Transactions (By Value; H1 FY12, H1 FY13)
11. Enterprise Mobility Market (By Value; 2014e, 2015e)
1. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only.)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
- List of Tables
1. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Geodesic Ltd.
2. OnMobile Global Ltd.
1. ACL Mobile Ltd.
2. Altruist Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
3. CanvasM Technologies Ltd.
4. Comviva Technologies Ltd.
5. Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
6. IMI Mobile Pvt. Ltd.
7. Netxcell Ltd.
8. One97 Communications Ltd.
9. People Infocom Pvt. Ltd.
10. Spice Digital Ltd.