Netscribes' latest market research report titled Mobile Application Market in India 2014 illuminates the dynamics in the domestic broadband market. India houses a huge population and a significant portion of that population use internet for entertainment and productivity. Entertainment usage largely consists of social networking, web media access such as music and videos, online games, downloading via file sharing sites, and peer-to-peer (P2P) and communication. On the other hand productivity usage includes data mining, cloud computing services, Voice-over-IP (VoIP), video conferencing, enterprise mobility to name few. With modern mobile platforms mobile applications are catering to the various needs in both entertainment and productivity segments.
Mobile applications are rapidly gaining popularity due to abundant availability of mobile devices and newer device adoption such as Tablet PC. Mobile apps are mostly light-weight and economically viable solution for not only entertainment purpose but also for business and other productivity use. With more and more publishers including the mainstream software companies entering the market and projection of mobile device adoption to grow by manifold, mobile app market is expected to witness significant growth in India.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-8: Mobile Application - Overview, Advantages of Mobile Applications, Essential Features of Mobile Applications, Mobile Application Ad
Slide 9-14: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India, Mobile Applications Value Chain
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 15: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 16-21: Drivers
Slide 22-23: Challenges
Slide 24: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 25-28: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 29-36: Major Public Players
Slide 37-61: Major Private Players
Slide 62-63: Recent Trends - Mobile Applications
Slide 64-68: Opportunities in the Mobile Applications Market
Slide 69-71: Recommendations
Slide 72: Key Ratios Description
Slide 73: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Mobile Application Download (Global) - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2013 - 2018e)
2. Mobile Application Download (Global) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2014e - 2018e)
3. Mobile App Users (Global) - Region-wise Market Share (2013, 2017e)
4. Mobile App Categories Share - Global (2013)
5. Mobile App Revenue (India) - Market Size and Growth (2013 - 2018e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Smartphone - Market Size (Shipment) (2013 - 2017e)
2. Minimum Smartphone Price (2009, 2014*)
3. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
4. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
5. Employment Growth (2010, 2015e)
6. Gross Domestic Product - India (2004 - 2013)
7. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (2006 - 20013)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 2 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only.)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
1. Broadband Internet Opportunity - Addressable User Base (Volume-Wise; 2014e - 2018e)
2. Mobile Entertainment - Market Size (Value-Wise; 2014e - 2018e)
- List of Tables
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Major Indian States with Rural Population
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Infosys Ltd.
2. Wipro Ltd.
1. Contus Support Interactive Pvt. Ltd.
2. Hidden Brains InfoTech Pvt. Ltd.
3. OpenXcell Technolabs Pvt. Ltd.
4. Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd.
5. Sourcebits Technologies Pvt. Ltd.