The milk processing market in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.5% over FY 2015 to FY 2020. The milk processing industry has traditionally been integral to India’s rural economy, and there are various factors contributing towards its growth. Recently, a number of established FMCG players ventured into the dairy segments through new product launches.
According to our latest research report Milk Processing Industry in India 2017, several established milk processing companies are looking to further expand their business and are looking to raise funds through IPOs. This will further aid in the development of the country's milk processing industry.
Milk Processing Industry in India - Key Growth Factors
Increasing urbanization in the country is bringing more consumers in touch with various processed milk products. This, along with the rising income of Indians, has ensured that the market continues to experience strong growth. Expansion of food and grocery retail outlets to even tier 2 and tier 3 cities is further driving demand as products are more easily available to consumers. Another growth factor is extensive marketing campaigns by companies to educate consumers about the availability and benefits of their products.
Milk Processing Industry in India - Threats and Key Players
The highly perishable nature of most milk products demands for cold storage facilities. However, the lack of proper cold storage and distribution facilities in the country is a major challenge for the industry.
The gap in supply chain is another major problem being faced by the country's milk processing industry. Moreover, the lack of sufficient feed and fodder in the country implies that production of milk is not at its full capacity.
Some major players in the market include Amrit Corporation Ltd., Anik Industries Ltd., Hatsun Agro Product Ltd., Nestle India Ltd., Kwality Ltd. and Creamline Dairy Products Ltd. Currently, several foreign players such as Groupe Lactalis SA, the world's largest dairy products company, are looking forward to enter the Indian market.
What’s covered in the report?
- Overview of the milk processing industry
- Past and forecasted market size data over FY 2012 to FY 2020
- Trade analysis of processed milk products in India
- Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the market
- Strategic developments in the Indian milk processing industry
- Get a broad understanding of the milk processing industry in India, the dynamics of the market and the current state of the industry
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion and other business plans by understanding the factors driving the growth of the market
- Be informed regarding the key developments in the milk processing industry in India
- Understand major competitors' business and market dynamics, and respond accordingly
With the given market data, Research On India offers customizations according to specific needs. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org