The Microwave Ovens Market in India is part of Netscribes' Consumer Goods Series reports. Rising disposable income coupled with changing lifestyle will have a favorable impact on the Indian microwave ovens market.
The report begins with an overview of the major macro economic indicators which highlights the present economic scenario prevalent in India.
It is followed by an introduction section which provides a classification of the Indian consumer durables market. It also shows the evolution of microwave ovens. It further includes a comparison of the different types of microwave ovens available in Indian market.
The market overview section begins with an overview of the market structure of the consumer durables market in India. It highlights the share of microwave ovens in consumer durables market. Subsequently this section provides a brief snapshot of the microwave ovens market in India. It shows the market size and growth of the market in India both in terms of volume and value. Further it shows sales by types and sales by capacity of microwave ovens. It also provides zone wise demand for microwave ovens in India. The distribution channel of the market is also sketched in this section.
The export-import section provides detailed information about the exports and imports of microwave ovens in India in terms of value.
The report then elaborates the drivers and challenges that the industry is facing in current market scenario. It provides a comprehensive set of factors which boosts and hinders the growth of the market. Some of the key drivers include rise in disposable income, favorable demographics, changing lifestyle, increasing double income couples, and increase in organized retail. The factors hindering the market growth can be summarized to be rise in dollar value, lack of awareness in microwave usage, and delay in timely delivery.
The trends section in the report emphasizes the recent trends that are prevalent in the Indian microwave ovens market which includes the product innovation & introduction of new models and Below-The-Line (BTL) activities.
The competitive landscape section begins with the Porter's Five Forces Analysis, illustrating the competitive rivalry, bargaining power of suppliers and buyers and threat of new entrants and substitutes. The section includes competitive benchmarking of the top players operating in the Indian microwave ovens market. The report also features brief profiles of major domestic and foreign players in the market and a snapshot of their corporation, financial performance along with the key financial ratios, business highlights, their product portfolio and SWOT analysis, thus providing an insight into the existing competitive scenario.
The next section of the report highlights a consumer insights survey on Microwave Ovens usage which was conducted on social media sites and via emails.
The report concludes with a section on strategic recommendations which comprises long-term and short-term strategies to facilitate both marketing of microwave ovens and create awareness among Indian consumers.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Macro Economic Indicators
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Dec 2012)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2012 - Feb 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2012- Jan 2013)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Consumer Durable Sector - Segmentation
Slide 6: Evolution of Microwave Ovens
Slide 7: Types of Microwave Ovens - A Comparison
Slide 8: Consumer Durables Market - Overview, Market Size & Growth (2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e), Consumer Durables - Segmentation (2012)
Slide 9: Microwave Ovens Market - Overview, Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise) & (Value-Wise) (2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e)
Slide 10: Sales by Types of Microwave Ovens (2011, 2012, 2013e)
Slide 11: Market Share by Types of Microwave Ovens (2011, 2012, 2013e)
Slide 12: Sales by Capacity
Slide 13: Zone Wise Demand for Microwave Ovens - India
Slide 14: Distribution Channel
Slide 15: Exports - Microwave Ovens - Total Exports (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Country wise Exports (2010-11, 2011-12)
Slide 16: Imports - Microwave Ovens - Total Imports (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Country wise Imports (2010-11, 2011-12)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 17: Drivers & Challenges - Summary
Slide 18-22: Drivers
Slide 23-25: Challenges
Slide 26: Summary
Slide 27-29: Trends
Slide 30: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 31-35: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 36: Major Vendors in Microwave Ovens Market in India
Slide 37: Market Share of Major Vendors by Types
Slide 38-40: Major Players - Capacity, Unique Features, Sales Service Strategy
Slide 41: Competition - Pricing
Slide 42: Major Public Companies - Summary
Slide 43-66: Major Public Players
Slide 67: Major Private Companies - Summary
Slide 68-90: Major Private Players
Consumer Insights Survey
Slide 91: Microwave Ovens Usage in India - Consumer Insights Survey
Slide 92-99: Survey Findings
Slide 100-102: Strategic Recommendations
Slide 103: Appendix
Slide 104: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12,2012-13)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2012, Aug-Sep 2012, Sep-Oct 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, Nov-Dec 2012)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2012, Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2012, Sep 2012, Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Jan 2013)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Consumer Durables Market - Market Size & Growth (Value-wise) (2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e)
2. Consumer Durables - Segmentation (2012)
Microwave Ovens Market - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise) (2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e)
3. Microwave Ovens Market - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise) (2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e)
4. Value-wise Sales (2011, 2012, 2013e)
5. Quantity-wise Sales (2011, 2012, 2013e)
6. Market Share by Types of Microwave Ovens
7. Microwave Ovens Sales Value (%)
8. Microwave Ovens Sales Units (%)
1. Exports (Value-Wise) (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
2. Country wise Exports (2010-11)
3. Country wise Exports (2011-12)
4. Imports (Value-Wise) (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
5. Country wise Imports (2010-11)
6. Country wise Imports (2011-12)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Aggregate Consumption (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
2. Aggregate Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
3. Demographic Distribution of India
4. Working Women Population (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e)
5. Share in the overall working population in various sectors
6. Organized Retail Market Space (2010, 2020e)
7. Penetration Level in Organized Retail
8. Increasing Dollar Value
9. Average speed of Commercial Vehicle (2012)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 4 Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2012)
2. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 4 Companies - Financial Basis (FY 2012)
3. Market Share of Major Vendors (2011)
4. Market Share of Major Vendors by Types (2011)
5. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies)
b. Financial Snapshot
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Types of Microwave Ovens - A Comparison
1. Product Innovation & Introduction of New Models
1. Public Trading Comparables (FY 2012)
2. Major Players - Capacity, Unique Features, Sales Service Strategy
3. Competition - Pricing
4. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (All Companies)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Bajaj Electricals Ltd.
2. IFB Industries Ltd.
3. MIRC Electronics Ltd.
4. Panasonic Appliances India Company Ltd.
5. Videocon Industries Ltd.
6. Whirlpool of India Ltd.
1. Godrej Appliances Ltd.
2. Haier Appliances (India) Pvt. Ltd.
3. LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd.
4. PE Electronics Ltd.
5. Samsung India Electronics Private Ltd.