Netscribes' latest market research report titled Medical Devices Market in India 2014 captures the technologically driven aspect currently prevailing within the Indian healthcare sector. The booming Indian economy is also witnessing a tremendous surge in the domestic healthcare scenario which, in turn, is leading to perpetual demand for high quality medical products. The demand for high-end, quality devices is especially driven by the private healthcare sector in its efforts to provide sophisticated treatment to patients. However, India lags behind in manufacture of technologically advanced high-end medical equipment, and instead has to rely upon imports from multinationals with extensive service networks. On the other hand, the market for less cost intensive medical supplies and disposable equipment is dominated by domestic manufacturers.
Due to the industry's dependence on imports, multinationals are showing interest in relocation of manufacturing facilities to India as well as in forging alliances with healthcare sector stakeholders in order to capture greater market share. This brings into focus a key role played by the government that involves taxation and import regulations. The government also takes up several initiatives for the benefit of the market.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun 2013 - Nov 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Indian Healthcare Scenario
Slide 5-9: Indian Healthcare Industry Overview
Slide 10-13: Medical Devices - Definition and Medical Devices Classification
Slide 14-16: Medical Devices - Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
Slide 17-18: Export and Import of Medical Devices - Overview, Size (Value-Wise; 2009-10 - 2012-13), Region-Wise Exports (Value-Wise; 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 19: Distribution Channel
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 20: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 21-27: Drivers
Slide 28-29: Challenges
Slide 30: Trends - Summary
Slide 31-35: Major Trends in the Market
Slide 36-37: Government Bodies
Slide 38-41: Government Regulations
Slide 42-43: Government Initiatives
Slide 44: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 45-49: Competitive Benchmarking (FY 2013)
Slide 50-74: Major Public Players
Slide 75-120: Major Private Players
Slide 121-122: Snapshot of Other Renowned Players
Slide 123: Recent Major Investments
Slide 124-126: Strategic Insights
Slide 127: Key Ratios Description
Slide 128: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun-Jul 2013 - Oct-Nov 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
8. Healthcare Sector - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
9. Healthcare Market Segmentation
10. Healthcare Expenditure of Population by Economic Standard
1. Medical Devices - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
2. Market Segmentation: Medical Devices
3. Medical Devices Market Segmentation - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
4. Market Segmentation - New Versus Refurbished Medical Equipment
5. Regional Demand : Medical Equipment
1. Export of Medical Devices (Value-Wise: 2009-10 - 2012-13)
2. Region Wise Exports (Value-Wise;2010-11 and 2011-12)
3. Import of Medical Devices (Value-Wise: 2009-10 - 2012-13)
4. Region Wise Imports (Value-Wise;2010-11 and 2011-12)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Hospital Infrastructure in India (2005 and 2015e)
2. Diagnostic and Pathology Centers (2012 and 2015e)
3. Share of Wallet (%) on Healthcare
4. Increase in Union Healthcare Budget (2012-13 and 2013-14)
5. Population above 60 yrs in India (2005 to 2020e)
6. Aggregate Consumption
7. Prevalence of Chronic Lifestyle Diseases in India (2011 and 2016e)
8. Medical Tourism Market in India (2010 - 2015e)
9. Foreign Patients Treated in India (2010 - 2015e)
10. Health Insurance: Market Share (2009-10 to 2012-13)
11. Health Insurance Premium (2011-12 to 2012-13)
12. Medical Treatment Cost (2007-08 to 2011-12)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 6 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot (except Roselabs Biosciences Ltd.)
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
- List of Tables
1. Relocation of manufacturing facilities
2. Joint ventures and tie-ups
3. Exhibitions and trade fairs
Government Involvement: Government Regulations
1. Level of Regulatory Controls for Different Classes of Products
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
h. Sales Composition for Healthcare Segment (Only Philips Electronics India Ltd.)
1. Major Investments in 2013-14
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Centenial Surgical Suture Ltd.
2. Opto Circuits (India) Ltd.
3. Poly Medicure Ltd.
4. Shree Pacetronix Ltd.
5. Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Ltd.
6. Span Diagnostics Ltd.
1. Alcon Laboratories (India) Pvt. Ltd.
2. Hindustan Syringes and Medical Devices Ltd.
3. Lotus Surgicals Pvt. Ltd.
4. Roselabs Biosciences Ltd.
5. Sutures India Pvt. Ltd.
6. GE Medical Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd.
7. Johnson & Johnson Medical India Ltd.
8. Philips Electronics India Ltd.
9. Trivitron Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.