Medical devices market is expected to grow at a steady rate in the days to come. Increasing awareness towards healthcare, more budgetary allocation and increase in complex lifestyle disorders is likely to boost the demand of medical devices.
The report begins with macro economic indicators whereby the basic economic indicators have been depicted. In the introduction section the definition of medical devices as well as risk categories has been defined. In the market overview section the market size of the healthcare industry has been depicted. Thereby, the market size of the medical devices market has been forecasted. Major segments of medical devices and their relative share has been provided. Major segments of healthcare industry have been explained. Further the report depicts the division of refurbished and new medical equipments in the market and also the regional demand for medical devices. Market size of the major segments in medical equipment market has been calculated. In the next section import and export of medical devices for the last four years has been highlighted. Also the major countries for import and export for medical devices is also depicted. Thereafter, the distribution channel has been explained.
In the next section drivers and challenges has been highlighted. Drivers include improving health infrastructure which has caused the increased demand of medical devices from more number of hospitals/nursing homes, clinics and standalone pathology labs. Also, the government is spending more on healthcare needs which is supposed to increase demand of medical devices. As disposable income is increasing and more people are becoming aware of the diseases -spending towards healthcare segment is increasing. Also changing demographics i.e. as more people reach close to sixty years of age they are likely to develop some heart complications thus increasing the demand for medical devices. Increase in lifestyle diseases as well as huge boom in the medical tourism sector will see the market grow. Higher penetration of medical insurance will help people to go for operations helping the medical devices market to grow. Challenges in the market include high dependency on imports and lack of poor regulatory structure.
Trends include outsourcing of manufacturing facilities by some of the major international players in order to remain cost competitive and penetrate the Indian market. Increasing JVs and tie-ups with local players is also being adopted in the industry. Companies take part in various exhibitions and fairs to showcase their products. Also, there is a latent demand for refurbished products from various tier 2 hospitals and clinics. In order to maintain the leading edge manufacturers are focusing on cost reduction and innovation. It is in this attempt that they are using plastics in medical devices. In the next section various government initiatives, rules and regulations have been highlighted.
The competitive landscape section begins with a Porter's five forces model which analyses the dynamics of the market. The major players in the market have been profiled which includes a financial summary for each of the players. Key ratios and key contacts are also listed. The last section offers strategic recommendations for the players in the cardiac pacemaker market. For each of the companies a SWOT analysis has been provided. In the following section recent investments in the medical devices industry has been listed. In the last section strategic recommendations has been provided which will be instrumental for the companies to garner a larger market share.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: Economic Indicators: GDP at cost factor cost: Quarterly (2009-10- 2012-13) & Inflation rate Monthly (Jul-Aug 2012 - Nov-Dec 2012)
Slide 3: Gross fiscal deficit: Monthly (Sep-2012-Feb 2013) & Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2012- Jan 2013)
Slide 4: Lending rate: Annual (2008-09-2011-12); Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10-2012-13) & FDI: Annual (2009-10-2012-13)
Slide 5: Medical Devices - Definition and Classification
Slide 6: Healthcare in India - Market Size and Growth (2012-2016e) (Value wise); Medical Devices Market Size and Growth (2012-2016e) (Value wise)
Slide 7: Medical Devices - Value wise percent share in Healthcare and Segmentation by Type of Device
Slide 8: Medical Devices - Segmentation by New and Refurbished and Regional Demand across India
Slide 9-10: Medical Devices - Segments by Type of Medical Devices - Market Size and Growth (2010-2015e) (Value wise)
Slide 11: Import
Slide 12: Export
Slide 13: Distribution Channel
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 14: Summary
Slide 15- 21: Key Drivers
Slide 22-23: Key Challenges
Slide 24: Summary
Slide 25-29: Key Trends
Slide 30-31: Government Bodies
Slide 32-35: Government Regulations
Slide 36-37: Government Initiatives
Slide 38: Market Competition- Porter's five forces analysis
Slide 39-41: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 42-49: Major Public Players- Corporate information, financial snapshot and summary key ratios, key business and geographic segments, business highlights and SWOT analysis
Slide 50-104: Major Private Players- Corporate information, ownership and shareholding structure of company, financial snapshot, key ratios, business highlights and SWOT analysis
Slide 105: Major Investments in 2012-13
Slide 106-108: Key Strategic Recommendations
Slide 109: Appendix
Slide 110: Sources of information
- List of Figures
1. GDP at cost factor cost: Quarterly (2009-10- 2012-13)
2. Inflation rate Monthly (Jul-Aug 2012 - Nov-Dec 2012)
3. Gross fiscal deficit: Monthly (Sep-2012-Feb 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2012- Jan 2013)
5. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10-2012-13)
6. FDI: Annual (2009-10-2012-13)
7. Healthcare in India: Market Size & Growth (Value wise) (2012-2016e)
8. Medical Devices: Market Size and Growth (Value wise) (2012-2016e)
9. Share of Medical Devices in Healthcare
10. Market Segmentation : Medical Devices
11. New versus Refurbished Medical Equipments
12. Regional Demand : Medical Equipments
13. Imaging Devices: Market Size & Growth (Value wise) (2010-2015e)
14. Patient Monitoring: Market Size & Growth (Value wise) (2010-2015e)
15. Therapeutic Devices: Market Size & Growth (Value wise) (2010-2015e)
16. Homecare/Handheld: Market Size & Growth (Value wise) (2010-2015e)
17. Export of Medical Devices (2008-09 to 2011-12)
18. Share of total exports by India - Country wise (2010-11 and 2011-12)
19. Import of Medical Devices (2008-09 to 2011-12)
20. Share of total imports by India - Country wise (2010-11 and 2011-12)
Drivers & Challenges
21. Hospital Infrastructure in India (2005-2015e)
22. Diagnostic and Pathology Centers (2012-2015e)
23. Share of Wallet (%) on Healthcare (2005-2025e)
24. Increase in Union Healthcare Budget (2012-13 - 2013-14)
25. Population above 60 yrs in India (2005-2020e)
26. Aggregate Consumption (2005-2025e)
27. Prevalence of Chronic Lifestyle Diseases in India (2011-2016e)
28. Medical Tourism Market in India (2010-2015e)
29. Foreign Patients Treated in India (2010-2015e)
30. Health Insurance Penetration by Population (2009-10 - 2015e)
31. Health Insurance Premium (2010-11 - 2011-12)
32. Rise in Medical Treatment Cost (2007-08 - 2011-12)
33. Competitive Benchmarking of Major 3 Companies - Operational Basis
34. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business Segments (Public Companies)
c. Key Geographic Segments (Public Companies)
d. Ownership Structure (Private Companies Only)
35. Growth Areas of Medical Devices
- List of Tables
Drivers & Challenges
1. Establishment of new medical devices manufacturing unit
2. Partnerships in medical devices market
3. Recent exhibitions and trade fairs
4. Level of Regulatory Controls for Different Classes of Products
5. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information
b. Products and Services
c. Key People
d. Financial Summary (for Public Companies only)
e. Shareholders of the Company (for Private Companies only)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights
6. Major Investments in 2012-13
8. Sources of information
- Companies Covered
1. Opto Circuits India Ltd.
2. Siemens Ltd.
1. Allengers Medical Systems Ltd.
2. Carestream Health India Pvt. Ltd.
3. Fresenius Kabi India Pvt. Ltd.
4. GE Medical Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd.
5. HiMedia Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
6. Philips Electronics India Ltd.
7. RFCL Ltd.
8. Roche Diagnostics India Pvt. Ltd.
9. Transasia Bio-Medicals Ltd.
10. Trivitron Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
11. Vascular Concepts Ltd.