Netscribes' latest market research report titled Machine Tools Market in India 2014 describes the dynamics of machine tools supply and demand in this country. In 2013, domestic production accounted for only one-third of the overall domestic consumption of machine tools in India. Demand is expected to grow steadily over the next few years and Indian players wish to increase market share of domestic production considerably during the same time period. With respect to import and export of machine tools, India plays a prominent role with some of its key partner nations being China, Japan and Germany.
Within the machine tools industry, there are around 1000 units involved in the production of machine tools, accessories and subsystems. Out of these, the very large companies are responsible for more than half the industry turnover and the rest can be attributed to SMEs. Thus, while the demand-supply gap in the industry creates an opportunity for new entrants, the need for continuous technology upgradation and rise in production costs together pose a challenge for the smaller players. However, there are government initiatives in this regard to support the SMEs, schemes such as Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme for Technology Upgradation and National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme. The major players have increasingly moved towards sophisticated machines, but they need to continue investing in R&D and technology transfer partnerships with other nations to remain competitive in this dynamic industry.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14*), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-6: Introduction - Classification of Machine Tools Industry
Slide 7-12: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India, Machine Tool Market - Segmentation, Machine Tools Market in India - Value Chain Analysis
Import and Export
Slide 13-25: Import and Export - Indian Machine Tools Market
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 26: Drivers & Challenges - Summary
Slide 27-31: Drivers
Slide 32-35: Challenges
Slide 36-38: Government schemes - Recommendations made by Department of Heavy Industries
Slide 39: Trends - Summary
Slide 40-43: Major Trends in the Market
Slide 44: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 45-48: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 49-92: Major Public Players
Slide 93-106: Major Private Players
Slide 107-109: Recommendations
Slide 110: Key Ratios Description
Slide 111: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14*)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Classification of Machine Tools Industry
1. Market Overview (Global) - Production of Machine Tools (2012), Consumption of Machine Tools (2012)
2. Market Overview (India) - Market Size and Growth (Value-wise; 2010-2020e)
3. Market Overview (India) - Domestic Production (Value-wise; 2010-2020e)
4. Machine Tools Market - Distribution of Output (Percentage-wise; 2013)
5. Machine Tools - Classification based on Operation
6. Metal Cutting Tools - Classification based on CNC and Non CNC
7. Metal Forming Tools - Classification based on CNC and Non CNC
Import and Export
1. Import and Export Data for all Segments (Value-wise; 2013)
2. Country-wise analysis of import for 2013 (For 4 categories of machine tools)
3. Country-wise analysis of import for 2012 (For 4 categories of machine tools)
4. Country-wise analysis of export for 2013 (For 4 categories of machine tools)
5. Country-wise analysis of export for 2012 (For 4 categories of machine tools)
Drivers and Challenges
1. Production of Castings (Volume-wise; 2010-2013)
2. Production of Iron Ore (Volume-wise; 2009-2013)
3. Production of Steel (Volume-wise; 2010-2013)
4. Hourly Compensation Costs in Manufacturing
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 2 Major Private Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2013)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (For Private Companies only, except Electronica Machine Tools Ltd.)
b. Financial Snapshot
c. Key Business Segments (For Public Players only)
d. Key Geographic Segments (For Public Players only)
- List of Tables
1. Machine Tools Facility-wise budget allocation
1. IMTEX 2014 and IMTEX 2015
1. Public Trading Comparables (FY 2014)
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies only, except Electronica Machine Tools Ltd.)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies only)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. HMT Ltd.
2. Lakshmi Machine Works Ltd.
3. Premier Ltd.
4. Kabra Extrusiontechnik Ltd.
5. Forbes & Company Ltd.
6. IFB Industries Ltd.
7. Wendt India Ltd.
8. Bosch Ltd.
9. Kennametal India Ltd.
10. Cummins India Ltd.
11. Crompton Greaves Ltd.
1. Ace Designers Ltd.
2. Electronica Machine Tools Ltd.
3. Sandvik Asia Ltd.