Life Insurance market in China is poised to witness robust growth through 2015.
The report begins with a brief description of the global life insurance market including the growth rate of the global life insurance sector along with a projected ranking of the top six life insurance markets globally. Further, the report covers a brief description of the life insurance market in China including the rate of market growth and the various segments of the life insurance market. A detailed time line description of the impact of liberalization on the life insurance market in China is also included in the report. The report also includes a detailed description of the various distribution channels operating in the life insurance market in China.
Key drivers explain the factors influencing the growth of the life insurance market in China in detail. Some of the drivers identified include rise in middle class and increasing income, rise in ageing population, low market penetration and impact of liberalization. While major challenges facing the industry that impedes the development and growth of the life insurance market in China includes location challenge, recession in developed markets, complex market regulations and lack of human resource.
Government initiatives section includes the measures adopted under the 12th Five Year Plan to develop the life insurance market in China. The section highlights the measures adopted by the life insurance industry measures as laid by the China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC), the new regulations governing the life insurance market and investment regulations pertaining to the life insurance market in China.
Emerging trends of the sector include the IPO pipeline, mergers and joint ventures, rise in bancassurance channel of insurance and product innovation.
The report also contains a brief analysis of the competitive landscape of the life insurance market in China. This section provides a three dimensional analysis of the key players' revenues, profits and market capitalization. The report also features brief profiles of the major domestic and foreign players operating in the market with a snapshot of their corporation, financial performance, and business highlights thus providing an insight into the existing competitive scenario.
Key takeaway section summarizes the entire market in terms of opportunities, challenges and government initiatives persisting in the life insurance market in China.
Key statistical figures relevant to the study include global life insurance market size and growth rate, life insurance market size by premiums collected (2005-2015e), key segments. Claims paid and premiums earned, share of Chinese urban household, per capita urban household income, life expectancy, ageing population of China, market penetration etc.
- Table of Contents
Page 1: Executive Summary
Page 2: Global market overview
Page 3-5: Life insurance market in China
Page 6-7: Distribution channels
Drivers & Challenges
Page 8: Summary
Page 9- 12: Drivers
Page 13- 15: Challenges
Page 16: 12th five year plan
Page 17: CIRC life insurance industry measures
Page 18-19: Regulations governing the life insurance market
Page 20: Summary
Page 21-24: Trends
Page 25: Domestic Competition Summary - Bubble Chart based on revenue, net income and market capitalization
Page 26: Domestic Competition Summary -Ranking Chart based on revenue and profit
Page 27-30: Profile of Major Domestic Players in the Market
Page 31-33: Profile of Other Domestic Players in the Market
Page 34-38: Profile of Major Foreign Players in the Market
Page 39: Profile of Other Foreign Players in the Market
Page 40: Key Takeaways
- List of Figures
1. Global Life Insurance Premium - Growth Rate (2009-2010)
2. Life Insurance Premium - Growth Rate (2005, 2010e, 2011e, 2015e)
3. Life Insurance - Market Segments (2010)
4. Share of Insurance Premiums (2010)
Drivers and Challenges
5. Share of Chinese Urban Households (1995, 2005, 2015e, 2025e)
6. Per Capita Urban Disposable Income (Jan-Jun 2010, Jan-Jun 2011)
7. Rise in Life-Expectancy (1980-85, 1995-2000, 2005-2010)
8. Share of 80+ group (2010)
9. Growth of Ageing Population (2010, 2015e, 2020e)
10. Penetration Rate
11. China - Regional Penetration
12. Competition Mix - Key Regions
13. Competition Structure (2010)
14. Revenue and Profit for Major Domestic Companies
15. Company profiles (All companies)
a. Bubble Chart (Based on revenue, net income and market capitalization)
b. Financial Snapshot (Public Companies)
16. Life Insurance Market Size (2005, 2010e, 2011e. 2015e)
- List of Tables
1. Global Life Insurance Markets - Ranking
2. IPO Pipeline
3. JV and M&A Landscape
4. Rise in Bancassurance
5. Company profiles (All companies)
a. Company information
- Companies Covered
1. China Life Insurance Company Ltd.
2. China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co. Ltd.
3. Ping An Life Insurance Company of China Ltd.
4. Xinhua Holdings Ltd.
5. Aviva-COFCO Life Insurance Company Ltd.
6. Manulife-Sinochem Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
7. Jianxin Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
8. Sun Life Everbright Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
9. Taikang Life Insurance Corp. Ltd.
10. Union Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
11. AIA Group Ltd.
12. Allianz SE
13. Aetna Inc
14. CIGNA Corporation
15. Prudential Financial, Inc
16. BOC Group Life Assurance Company Ltd.
17. Skandia Life Insurance Company Ltd.