The LED Market in India is part of Netscribes' Manufacturing Industry Series reports. Advantages such as better lamp life and energy efficiency are expected to drive the LED market in India.
The report begins with an introduction about the different broad dimensions of the lighting market. A brief description of the evolution of LED technology has also been included in this section. It is followed by a brief overview of the global lighting market and the global LED market. Description of the Indian lighting industry highlights its major segments. Overview of the Indian LED industry provides details on the industry size and the growth in demand.
The next section provides a brief overview of the value chain present in the LED industry.
The report provides detailed information about the exports and imports of LED under specific HS codes in terms of value and volume. It provides country-wise import and export data for the year 2010-11, mentioning the major countries exporting and importing from India.
Factors driving the growth of the LED market in India are also explained in detail. Growing population and rise in income provides an impetus to the growth of the LED market in India. Demand from consumer electronics is expected to emerge as a major growth driver for the Indian LED market. Increasing usage in street lighting and growing indoor lighting applications is expected to boost the growth prospects of the LED market in India. Better lamp life and energy efficiency and environment friendly technology is expected to contribute significantly towards market development. Global ban on the usage of incandescent lights also has a favorable impact on the growth of the LED market.
The players operating in the market also face challenges which are impeding their development and growth. High initial cost barrier has emerged as a major challenge hindering the market growth. Lack of consumer awareness and high import dependency are also expected to have an unfavorable impact on the growth of the LED market in India.
The next section incorporates some of the initiatives that are needed to enhance the growth prospects of the Indian LED industry.
Brief description of the published LED standards in India has been included in the report. The support provided by the government to promote the LED market and the key initiatives undertaken by the regulatory stakeholders in order to develop the LED industry in India have also been highlighted in the report.
Emerging trends in the LED market include growing usage in automotive lighting, digital signage, solar LED lights and technology development.
The competition section outlays the competitive landscape of the LED market in India briefing about the public and private players existing in the market. The report features brief profiles of major players in the market and a snapshot of their corporation, financial performance along with the key financial ratios, business highlights and their product portfolio providing an insight into the existing competitive scenario.
Some of the key statistics or factors impacting the LED market in India covered in the report include market size & growth, rise in population, rise in income, LED Television - Sales Share, LED Monitor Sales and Digital Signage Market Growth.
The report concludes with a section on strategic recommendations which comprises an analysis of the growth strategies of the LED market in India.
- Table of Contents
Page 1: Executive Summary
Page 2: Major Dimensions in Lighting Market
Page 3: Evolution of LED Technology
Page 4: Global Lighting Market- Global Lighting Market Growth (2010, 2016e and 2020e)
Page 5: Global LED Market Overview - LED Market Share by Sector (2010, 2016e, 2020e), LED Usage - General Lighting Applications (2010, 2016e, 2020e)
Page 6: India - Lighting Industry , Lighting Market Growth (2007-2011)
Page 7: Lighting Industry - Major Segments
Page 8 India LED Market Overview - Growth of LED Business (2010-2016e), Demand for LED and LED Packaged Products (2011,2020e), Share of Lamps (2010)
Page 9: LED Lighting - Value Chain
Page 10-11: Import and Export Data Value-wise and Volume wise- Growth in Total Imports (2007-08 - 2010-11), Growth in Total Exports (2007-08 - 2010-11), Country-wise import and export (2010-11)
Drivers & Challenges
Page 12: Summary
Page 13-21: Drivers
Page 22-24: Challenges
Page 25: Required Initiatives
Page 26-28: Government Initiatives
Page 29: Trends Summary
Page 30-33: Trends
Page 34: LED Focus Area
Page 35: Porters Analysis
Page 36- 56: Major Public Companies (Domestic)
Page 57-59: Major Public Companies (Foreign)
Page 60- 74: Major Private Companies (Domestic)
Page 75-77: Major Private Companies (Foreign)
Page 78: Strategic Recommendations
Page 79 : Appendix
Page 80 : Sources of Information
- List of Figures
1. Global Lighting Market Growth (2010,2016e,2020e)
2. Global LED Market Share by Sector (2010,2016e,2020e)
3. LED Usage - General Lighting Applications (2010,2016e,2020e)
4. Lighting Market Growth - India (2007-11)
5. Growth of CFL Industry (2008-2013e)
6. Growth of Fluorescent Lamps (2008-2011)
7. Growth of GLS Lighting (2008-11)
8. Growth of HID Lamps (2008-11)
9. Growth of LED Business (2010-2016e)
10. Share of Lamps (2010)
11. Demand for LED and LED Packaged Products (2010,2020e)
12. Growth in Total Exports (Value and Volume)(2007-08 - 2010-11)
13. Country-wise Exports (2010-11)
14. Growth in Total Imports (Value and Volume)(2007-08 - 2010-11)
15. Country-wise Imports (2010-11)
Drivers and Challenges
16. Growing Population ( 2005, 2010, 2015e and 2020e,2030e)
17. Rise in Income (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12e)
18. LED Monitor Sales (Q2 2011 - Q3 2011)
19. LED Television - Sales Share (2011, 2012e, 2014e)
20. Samsung - LED TV Sales 2011-2012e)
21. LG - LED TV Sales (2012 - 2013e)
22. Comparison - Initial Cost (2011)
23. Digital Signage Market Growth (2010-2012e)
24. Company profiles (All companies)
a) Financial Snapshot (All Companies)
b) Key Business segments (Public Companies)
c) Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Comparison - Street Lighting Technology
2. Comparison - Lamp Life and Efficacy
3. Environment Friendly - Toxic Mercury Content
Published LED Standards (2012)
LED Player Profiles
4. Company profiles
a) Company information
b) Products and services
c) Key people
d) Key Financial Performance Indicators
e) Key Ratios
f) Business Highlights
6. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Bajaj Electricals Limited
2. Crompton Greaves Limited
3. FIEM Industries Limited
4. Havells India Ltd.
5. MIC Electronics Limited
6. Surya Roshni Limited
7. Moser Baer India Limited
8. Siemens Ltd.
9. Abby Lighting And Switchgear Limited
10. Binay Opto Electronics Private Limited
11. InstaPower Limited
12. Reiz Electrocontrols Private Limited
13. REI Electronics Private Limited
14. Philips Electronics India Limited