LIMS (Library Information Management System) adoption in India is significantly low in Indian laboratories with an even low penetration in laboratories pertaining to Indian healthcare industry. Its adoption in healthcare is expected to see a gradual rise by 2018 from the present 2013 adoption level. In healthcare sector, LIMS finds application in life sciences segment as well as in biotechnology and pharmacy segment that require LIMS for effective data management. LIMS is a major benefactor for contract service laboratories that requires handling of bulk information. Biotechnology industry in India withholds tremendous potential in the years to come and the escalating investment in the sector is a great encouragement for LIMS market. The simultaneous rapid development of Indian healthcare sector that is seeing rise in number of various types of laboratories will propel the future of LIMS adoption in Indian healthcare sector as well.
However cost and time required for installation of LIMS often dissuades its popularity among laboratory owners. Lack of legal regulations specifying quality standard of a laboratory is another major challenge for LIMS market in India. Though the LIMS market is still in a nascent stage, yet the software developers are trying to make the software user friendly and cost effective for which it has come up with the concept of LIMS on Cloud. Web based and thin client LIMS applications are popular in the LIMS market. However The applications require rich internet applications that are browser independent.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014-Jan 2015 - Mar 2015-Apr 2015)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2014 - Jul 2014), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014 - May 2015)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2013-14)
Slide 5: Healthcare Industry Overview
Slide 6: FDI Inflow in Indian Healthcare Segments
Slide 7: Healthcare Expenditure of Population by Economic Standard
Slide 8: IT Adoption in Healthcare
Slide 9: Evolution of Laboratory Management
Slide 10-12: LIMS Application in various industries
Slide 13-15: Overall LIMS and LIMS in healthcare: Market Size & Growth
Slide 16: Proportion of Healthcare LIMS to Overall LIMS Market - India
Slide 17: Common modules
Slide 18: Modules workflow
Slide 19: LIMS applications
Slide 20: Distribution Channel
LIMS Applications in Healthcare
Slide 21-23: LIMS applications in healthcare laboratories
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 24: Summary
Slide 25-32: Key Drivers
Slide 33-35: Key Challenges
Slide 36: LIMS on cloud
Slide 37: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 38-41: Competitive benchmarking
Slide 42-45: Major Public Player
Slide 46-81: Major Private Players
Slide 82: Some other players in Indian market
Slide 83: Key Strategic Recommendations
Slide 84: Appendix
Slide 85: Sources of information
- List of Figures
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014-Jan 2015 - Mar 2015-Apr 2015)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2014 - Jul 2014)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Dec 2014 - May 2015)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
7. FDI Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
1. Healthcare Sector: Market Size and Growth (2012-18e)
2. Healthcare Market Segmentation: 2013
3. Healthcare Expenditure of Population by Economic Standard
1. Overall LIMS: Market Size & Growth (Value wise) (2013-2018e)
2. LIMS in healthcare: Market Size & Growth (Value wise) (2013-2018e)
3. Composition of Healthcare LIMS of Total LIMS Market - India (2013-2018e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Pathology: Market Size and Growth (Value-wise) (2013-2018e)
2. Pharmaceutical: Market Size and Growth (Value-wise) (2013-2018e)
3. Clinical trials: Market Size and Growth (Value-wise) (2013-2018e)
4. Biotech sector: Market Size and Growth (Value-wise) (2013-2017e)
5. Biotech Industry: Market break-up (2013)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2014)
2. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Financial Basis (FY 2014)
3. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (All Private Companies, except Oasis Infotech Ltd. and Ocimum Biosolutions (India) Ltd.)
b. Financial Snapshot (All companies, except Oasis Infotech Ltd. and Ocimum Biosolutions (India) Ltd.)
c. Key Business Segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic Segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (All Private Companies, except Oasis Infotech Ltd. and Ocimum Biosolutions (India) Ltd.)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (All Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (All Companies, except Oasis Infotech Ltd. and Ocimum Biosolutions (India) Ltd.)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Persistent Systems Ltd.
1. Agilent Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
2. Birlamedisoft Pvt. Ltd.
3. Caliber Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
4. Labvantage Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
5. Oasis Infotech Ltd.
6. Ocimum Biosolutions (India) Ltd.
7. Perkinelmer (India) Pvt. Ltd.
8. Thermo Fisher Scientific India Pvt. Ltd.