IT landscape seen amongst insurers in India exhibit a typical trend wherein they primarily tend to focus more on tools, solutions and services which can cater to the needs of growing customer base, offer better and enhanced customer service, enhance their market reach and generate a seam less flow of data and information within the company.
The report begins with a snapshot of the insurance industry which briefs about the facts and figures of insurers operating in India. It lists down the number of insurers operating in the sector along with the segmentation of public and private insurers. Hierarchy of the Indian insurance industry is well illustrated for which gives a brief highlight about the operational model of the industry. It also enlists the primary drivers and challenges for the overall insurance industry. Primary reasons to propel the market forward comprises of young consumer segment, wide range of products, technological advancement and growing middle class, whereas the basic challenges faced by the sector are the tight premium rates and dependence on overseas re-insurers.
Moving along the report features a section on IT landscape of Indian insurers. The section talks about the IT infrastructure of all insurance companies viz. General Insurers, Life Insurers and Health Insurers operating in India. Technology implementation portion in this segment lists down all existing IT infrastructure in great detail. It primarily elaborates on the type of requirements, solutions adopted and the benefits realized thereafter. The section also features a sales intelligence section which enlists the relevant key point of contact of the respective organizations.
- Table of Contents
Page 1: Executive summary
Insurance Industry - Snapshot
Page 2: Indian Insurers - History
Page 3: Insurance Industry - Snapshot (India), Registered Insurers - India (2011), Life and Non-Life Insurance Market Share (2009-10 & 2010-11)
Page 4: Insurance Industry Hierarchy - Illustration
Page 5: Insurance Industry - Drivers
Page 6: Insurance Industry - Challenges
ICT Landscape - Indian Insurers
Page 7-302: Indian Insurance Players - General Insurers, Life Insurers and Health Insurers (Corporate Information, Business Highlights, Products and Services, ICT Implemented and Sales Intelligence)
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Companies Covered
1. Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
2. Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd.
3. Aon Global Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd.
4. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd.
5. Bharti AXA General Insurance
6. Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
7. Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Ltd.
8. General Insurance Corporation of India
9. HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
10. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd.
11. IFFCO TOKIO General Insurance Company Ltd.
12. Liberty Mutual
13. L&T General Insurance Company Ltd.
14. National Insurance Company Ltd.
15. New India Assurance Company Ltd.
16. Oriental Insurance Company
17. Raheja QBE General Insurance Company Ltd.
18. Reliance General Insurance
19. Royal Sundram General Insurance Company Ltd.
20. TATA AIG General Insurance Ltd.
21. United Insurance Company Ltd.
22. Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd.
23. Aviva India Life Insurance
24. Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Ltd.
25. Bharti AXA Life Insurance Ltd.
26. Birla Sun Life Insurance
27. Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company Ltd.
28. DLF Pramerica Life Insurance Company Ltd.
29. Future Generali India Life Insurance Company Ltd.
30. HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company
31. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd.
32. IDBI Federal Life Insurance Company Ltd.
33. IndiaFirst Life Insurance
34. INGVysya Life Insurance Company Pvt. Ltd.
35. Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd.
36. Life Insurance Corporation of India
37. Max New York Life Insurance
38. MetLife Indian Insurance Company Ltd.
39. Reliance Life Insurance
40. Sahara India Life Insurance Company Ltd.
41. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd.
42. Shriram Life Insurance Company Ltd.
43. Star Union Daiichi Life Insurance Company Ltd.
44. Tata AIG Life Insurance Ltd.
45. Apollo Munich Health Insurance
46. Max Bupa Health Insurance Ltd.
47. Paramount Health Services (TPA) Pvt. Ltd.
48. Star Health And Allied Insurance