The instant noodles category in India was first created by Nestlé with the introduction of their Maggi brand during the mid-80’s. Due to its ease of cooking and smart marketing strategies, Maggi soon became a household name in India and has been synonymous with instant noodles ever since. However, in the last seven years, Nestlé has been losing ground to some of the newer players in the Indian instant noodles market. Netscribes’ market research report Instant Noodles Market in India 2017 analyses the shift in the instant noodles market and provides insight into the major competitors, their marketing strategies, and more.
Instant Noodles Market in India Key Growth Factors
According to Netscribes research, the global demand for instant noodles is expected to reach 145.8 billion packs by 2020, driven by the rising trend of convenience food in emerging markets. India takes a major share of this demand, ranking fifth in terms of the global demand for instant noodles after China, Indonesia, Japan and Vietnam.
Rising disposable income, working couples, inexpensiveness and ease of preparation of instant noodles are the major drivers for growth in the instant noodles market. India also has a large and ever-increasing population of youth and working individuals, who are the key target audiences for packaged foods such as instant noodles and ready-to-eat meals.
The introduction of new variants in flavor, noodle type and packaging, such as sachets and category extension from pouch to cup-noodles, have also played an important role in the growth of the instant noodle market.
Instant Noodles Market in India Threats and Key Players
There has been a spurt in the growth of new entrants in the instant noodles market in India in the recent years, both from the organized and unorganized sector. There’s increasing competition among the players, with price often being the only differentiating factor. Instant noodles have been subject to heightened scrutiny by regulatory bodies. Not too long ago, Nestlé’s Maggi noodles along with other popular brands were temporarily taken off the shelves in India after some reports that suggested that they had traces of lead above the limits set by Indian authorities.
The instant noodles market in India includes three major players namely Nestlé India Limited, Hindustan Unilever Limited and ITC Limited that operate through the brands Maggi, Knorr Soupy Noodles and Yippee respectively.
What’s covered in the report?
- Overview of the instant noodles market in India and forecasted market size data in terms of value over 2015 to 2020
- Trade analysis of instant noodles market in India
- Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the market
- Key recent developments associated with instant noodles market in India
- Get a broad understanding of the instant noodles market in India, the dynamics of the market and current state of the sector
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion and other business plans by understanding the factors driving the growth of the market
- Be informed regarding the key developments in the field of instant noodles market in India
- Understand major competitors' business, market dynamics and respond accordingly
With the given market data, Research on India offers customizations according to specific needs. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org