Global market intelligence firm, Netscribes, Inc. released its latest report on the 'Hotel Industry in India 2014'. With Indian tourism and hospitality emerging as a chief growth driver for services industry in India, hotel sector is only poised for further growth. Though economic slowdown has resulted in low occupancy and average room rates for hotels across certain major cities in the country, Indian hotel sector is still expected to show healthy prospects compared to global hotel growth. At a time when global hospitality conditions are still nearing saturation, Indian hospitality sector is being considered as a viable proposition for players.
Netscribes' latest market research report titled Hotel Industry in India 2014 states that the increasing tourist footfall both domestic as well as foreign has been instrumental in bolstering growth of hotels across the country. Rising number of tourists is also aided with the ever increasing disposable income at the hands of common people who indulge in short trips throughout the year. Factors like medical tourism and government support augur well for the sector's growth. Another recent phenomenon witnessed in the country is the upsurge of corporate events especially for companies and business travelers which again lead to the rise in demand for hotel rooms. Further, the sector has also witnessed rise in foreign investments especially for setting up new hotels which reason out why the sector is being looked at as one of profound growth for years to come.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Travel & Tourism - Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-wise, 2013 - 2018e), Contribution to GDP (2013)
Slide 6: Hotel - Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise, 2013 - 2018e)
Slide 7: Hotel - Segmentation (2013), Mid-market Hotel - Share (2015-16e)
Slide 8: Classification of Hotels
Slide 9: Consumer Segmentation
Slide 10: Occupancy Rate and Average Room Rate
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 11: Drivers & Challenges - Summary
Slide 12-18: Drivers
Slide 19-23: Challenges
Slide 24: Summary
Slide 25-28: Key Trends
Slide 29: Summary
Slide 30-34: Key Trends
Slide 35: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 36-40: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 41-79: Major Hotel Players
Slide 80-81: Strategic Insights
Slide 82: Key Ratios Description
Slide 98: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Travel & Tourism - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise, 2013 - 2018e)
2. Travel & Tourism - Contribution to GDP (2013)
1. Hotel Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise, 2013 to 2018e)
2. Hotel Industry - Segmentation (2013)
3. Mid-market Hotel - Share (2015-16e)
4. Occupancy Rate (2013)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Foreign Exchange Earnings (Jan-Mar 2013 - Jan-Mar 2014)
2. Domestic Tourist Travel (2013 - 2014e)
3. Foreign Tourist Travel (Mar 2013 - Mar 2014)
4. Traffic in Airports (2013 - 2020e)
5. Aviation - Contribution to GDP (2013)
6. Budget Hotels in India (2013)
7. Share of Fresh Hotel Management Graduates (2013)
8. Project Costs - Share of Imports (2013)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (FY 2014)
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure
b. Financial Snapshot
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
Drivers & Challenges
1. Socio-political concerns
1. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (All Companies)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
- Companies Covered
1. Asian Hotels (North) Ltd.
2. EIH Ltd.
3. Hotel Leelaventure Ltd.
4. ITC Ltd.
5. Kamat Hotels India Ltd.
6. Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India Ltd.
7. Sterling Holiday Resorts India Ltd.
8. The Indian Hotels Company Ltd.