Netscribes' latest market research report titled Gaming Industry in India 2015 illuminates the dynamics in the video gaming business in India. A surge in demand for digital entertainment has provided alternate entertainment mediums huge opportunity in India. One of the popular digital entertainment segments is video gaming. Video game is an interactive entertainment product that uses Personal Computers, Televisions, dedicated display, or mobile devices as a services delivery platform.
With falling prices of gaming products and improved disposable income levels, gaming has quickly grabbed the attention of youth. Due to the versatility and interactive nature of games of different subject and genre, the users feel more involved in this form of entertainment. Gaming is largely popular in urban areas of the country, but is rapidly witnessing adoption in semi-urban areas with the growing number of smartphones across India. Improved broadband internet quality and affordability has led to increased inclination towards online games and indulgences in online multiplayer mode in a standalone game.
Various genres of games are available on gaming platforms to cater to varied user preferences. Quick emerging online and mobile gaming segments have revolutionized the industry with new genres and have attracted new audiences. PC gaming has witnessed the most adoption in India but it is mired by high piracy level. With other platforms for gaming gradually grabbing the attention of Indian consumers, the opportunities are endless.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-10: Video Gaming - Overview, Segments of Gaming, PC Gaming - Value Chain, PC Gaming - Value Chain, Online Gaming - Value Chain, Mobile Gaming - Value Chain, Console Gaming - Value Chain
Slide 11-12: Market Overview - Global, Gamers' Geographic Distribution
Slide 13-20: Market Overview - India, Gaming - Market Segmentation, PC Gaming - Overview, Console Gaming - Overview, Mobile Gaming - Overview, Online Gaming - Overview, PC Gaming - Distribution Model, Online Gaming - Revenue Model
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 21: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 22-28: Drivers
Slide 29-30: Challenges
Slide 31-40: Key Trends - Gaming industry
Slide 41: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 42-104: Major Private Players
Slide 105-106: Major Game Distributors in India
Slide 107-116: Consumer Insights - Survey on Gaming
Slide 117-118: Recommendations
Slide 70: Key Ratios Description
Slide 71: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 to 2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Apr 2014 - Sep 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Gaming Industry - Market Size & Growth (Global - Overall and Individual Segments) (By Value; 2013, 2015e, 2017e, 2019e)
2. Gamers' Geographic Distribution (2014)
3. Gaming Industry - Market Size & Growth (India) (By Value; 2013 - 2018e)
4. Gaming - Market Segmentation (2013, 2018e)
5. PC Gaming - Market Size & Growth (India) (By Value; 2013 - 2018e)
6. Console Gaming - Market Size & Growth (India) (By Value; 2013 - 2018e)
7. Mobile Gaming - Market Size & Growth (India) (By Value; 2013 - 2018e)
8. Online Gaming - Market Size & Growth (India) (By Value; 2013 - 2018e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
2. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
3. Employment Growth (2010, 2015e)
4. Gross Domestic Product - India (2004 - 2013)
5. Market Growth - Subscribers of 3G Services (By Volume; 2013 - 2015e)
6. Smartphone - Market Size (Shipment) (By Volume; 2013, 2018e)
7. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (By Volume; 2006 - 2013)
1. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Ownership Structure
- List of Tables
1. PE/VC investments in Gaming Market
1. Company Profiles
a. Company Information
b. Products and Services
c. Key People
d. Shareholders of the Company
e. Key Ratios
f. Business Highlights
2. Major Game Distributors in India
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. 7Seas Entertainment Ltd.
2. 99Games Online Pvt. Ltd.
3. Dhruva Interactive Pvt. Ltd.
4. Games2win India Pvt. Ltd.
5. Indiagames Ltd.
6. Mitashi Edutainment Pvt. Ltd.
7. Nazara Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
8. Reliance Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
9. Zapak Digital Entertainment Ltd.
10. Electronic Arts Games (India) Pvt. Ltd.
11. Gameloft Software Pvt. Ltd.
12. Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd.
13. Sony India Pvt. Ltd.
14. Ubisoft Entertainment India Pvt. Ltd.