Netscribes' latest market research report titled Furniture Market in China 2014 analyzes the characteristics of the furniture industry and its business framework. It places its focus on China, the world's largest manufacturer and exporter of furniture. Wooden furniture dominates the Chinese furniture market, followed by furniture made from metal and other materials. Majority of the furniture manufacturing bases are located near the east coast of China, and most furniture trading hubs are in close proximity to the manufacturing bases. Guangdong is the largest furniture manufacturing and trading province in the country.
The government of China has adopted strict furniture standards that all local and imported furniture products must comply with. To reduce environmental pollution and provide a boost to the domestic furniture industry, it has also launched a furniture recycling initiative. In recent years, the market has seen increased manufacturing and sourcing activities by international companies such as IKEA. There is also an ongoing shift in sourcing of raw materials from traditional countries such as Russia, the US and Canada to Asian countries such as Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia.
The growth in the Chinese furniture market has been fuelled by strong national economy, increasing disposable income, booming real estate market, strong distribution network, extensive furniture expositions, rapid urbanization, changing lifestyle of consumers, and strong demographic profile of the country. However, players are also facing challenges such as high cost of imported raw materials, risk of a housing bubble, intense competition, rising operating costs and credibility crisis of the furniture industry.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: Current Account Balance (2010 - 2015e), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Jan 2014 - May 2014)
Slide 3: Lending Rate: Annual (2010 - 2013), Trade Balance: Annual (2009 - 2012), FDI: Net Inflow (2009 - 2012)
Slide 4: GDP at Current Prices: Annually (2010 - 2015e), Inflation, Average Consumer Prices (2010 - 2015e)
Slide 5: Introduction, Characteristics of Furniture Industry
Slide 6: Furniture Industry Framework
Slide 7: Global Furniture Market - Overview, Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise; 2013-2018e), Market Share of Major Countries (2013)
Slide 8: Chinese Furniture Market - Overview, Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise; 2013-2018e), Market Structure based on Wooden, Metal and Other Furniture (2013)
Slide 9: Furniture Production Bases in China, Total Furniture Output in China (Value-Wise; 2010-2013)
Slide 10: Furniture Trading Hubs in China
Slide 11: Export of Furniture Products - Overview, Total Exports (Value-Wise; 2010 - 2013), Country-Wise Exports Segmentation (2012, 2013)
Slide 12: Product-Wise Exports Segmentation (2012, 2013)
Slide 13: Import of Furniture Products - Overview, Total Imports (Value-Wise; 2010 - 2013), Country-Wise Imports Segmentation (2012, 2013)
Slide 14: Product-Wise Imports Segmentation (2012, 2013)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 15: Drivers & Challenges - Summary
Slide 16-21: Drivers
Slide 22-25: Challenges
Slide 26: National Standards for Furniture Market
Slide 27: New-for-Old Furniture Subsidy Program 2013
Slide 28: Trends - Summary
Slide 29-31: Key Trends
Slide 32: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 33-37: Competitive Benchmarking (FY 2013)
Slide 38-57: Major Public Players
Slide 58-72: Major Private Players
Mergers and Acquisitions
Slide 73-74: Mergers and Acquisitions (2012 - 2014)
Slide 75: Strategic Recommendations
Slide 76: Key Ratios Description
Slide 77: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. Current Account Balance (2010 - 2015e)
2. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Jan 2014 - May 2014)
3. Lending Rate: Annual (2010 - 2013)
4. Trade Balance: Annual (2009 - 2012)
5. FDI: Net Inflow (2009-2012)
6. GDP at Current Prices: Annually (2010 - 2015e)
7. Inflation, Average Consumer Prices (2010 - 2015e)
1. Global Furniture Market - Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise: 2013 - 2018e)
2. Global Furniture - Market Share of Major Countries (2013)
3. Chinese Furniture Market - Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise: 2013 - 2018e)
4. Chinese Furniture Market - Market Structure of Wooden, Metal and Other Furniture (2013)
5. Total Furniture Output in China (Value-Wise; 2010 - 2013)
1. Total Exports (Value-Wise: 2010 - 2013)
2. Exports - Country-Wise Segmentation (2013)
3. Exports - Country-Wise Segmentation (2012)
4. Product Segmentation (2013)
5. Product Segmentation (2012)
6. Total Imports (Value-Wise: 2010 - 2013)
7. Imports - Country-Wise Segmentation (2013)
8. Imports - Country-Wise Segmentation (2012)
9. Product Segmentation (2013)
10. Product Segmentation (2012)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Growth of GDP (2013, 2015e, 2025e)
2. Urban Disposable Income (2013, 2015e, 2025e)
3. Urban Consumer Spending (2013, 2015e, 2025e)
4. Growing Sales of Buildings (Volume-Wise: 2010 - 2013)
5. Investment in Real Estate Construction (Value-Wise: 2010 - 2013)
6. Furniture China Exposition - Share of International Visitors (2014)
7. Increasing Rate of Urbanization (2010 - 2013)
8. Age Structure of China (2014)
9. Female Participation in Workforce (2013)
10. Import of Wood by China (Value-Wise: 2010 - 2013)
11. Country-Wise Import of Wood (2013)
1. Import of Wood - Top Three Countries Growth (Value-Wise: 2010 - 2013)
2. Import of Wood - Top Three Asian Countries Growth (Value-Wise: 2010 - 2013)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Public Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (FY2013)
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
c. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Characteristics of Furniture Industry
1. HS Codes for Furniture Products
Drivers & Challenges
1. Furniture China Exposition - International Visitors (2014)
1. National Standards for Furniture Market
1. Competition - Summary
2. Public Trading Comparable
3. Company profiles
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (Public Companies)
d. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
e. Key Ratios (Public Companies)
f. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Guangdong Yihua Timber Industry Co. Ltd.
2. Hing Lee (HK) Holdings Ltd.
3. Kasen International Holdings Ltd.
4. Markor International Home Furnishings Co. Ltd.
5. Samson Holding Ltd.
1. Dongguan Shing Mark Enterprise Co. Ltd.
2. Hui Sen Furniture (Longnan) Co. Ltd.
3. IKEA Manufacturing (Dalian) Co. Ltd.
4. Shenyang Dapan Wooden Wares Processing Co. Ltd.
5. Shenyang Dongwei Wood Industry Co. Ltd.