The Furniture Market in China will be boosted by the rising income coupled with booming real estate sector, resulting in increased demand for furniture products.
The report begins with an introduction section, comprising the definition of furniture along with the key characteristics of the overall furniture industry. The report provides an illustration of the furniture industry framework, wherein it depicts the structure of the market, distinguishing between the organized and unorganized sector. The furniture market overview section provides a brief idea about the global scenario and the share of different regions in the global furniture market. This is followed by an overview of the furniture market in China, providing details on the domestic furniture market size in terms of market value and its growth. China's online travel market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 22.8% annually up to 2015. It also mentions the size of Guangdong furniture market with its growth prospects in 2012. Furthermore, a detailed illustration about the furniture industry in terms of growth in production volume, industry output value and industry sales output value is covered as well. Additionally, the report provides a description of major furniture production bases and the key furniture trading hubs in China.
The report provides detailed information about the exports and imports of furniture products covering country-wise import and export for the year 2011. Import and export data provided are in value terms.
Factors driving the growth of furniture market in China are also explained in detail. Healthy economy coupled with rising income is providing impetus to the growth in furniture market. China's GDP is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.68% during 2010-15. Booming real estate sector will lead to increasing demand for products from the furniture industry. Real estate market in China, comprising of residential, commercial and office building sales, has grown at a CAGR of 18.2%. Accelerating urbanization and changing consumer lifestyle will allow the players to increase their customer base. Furniture exhibitions along with strong distribution network provide sales opportunity for the furniture market. Furniture retail sales have grown at a CAGR of 25%. Changing demographics and rising tourism provide opportunities for the players to capitalize upon.
Industry players operating in China also face challenges which are impeding their development and growth. Import dependency for sourcing raw materials and tightening housing measures have been identified as major challenges. This has led to a decline in the growth rate of property sold, adversely impacting the county's furniture demand. Increasing competition coupled with rising operating costs and the prevailing credibility crisis hampers the growth of the furniture industry.
The report also mentions the government standards adopted for supporting sustainable development of the overall furniture industry. It provides a detail illustration on the Chinese government's old-for-new furniture subsidy program in 2012.
Emerging trends in the furniture market include rise in luxury furniture market, emergence of newer varieties of furniture, furniture malls, increasing presence of foreign retailers and growing online portals dedicated to furniture products for facilitating the overall functioning and development of the market.
This is followed by the mergers and acquisitions section, illustrating the recent mergers and acquisition activities that have taken place in the furniture market. This section includes the announced date, closing date, target, buyer/investor, seller and deal size.
The competition section outlays the competitive landscape of the furniture industry in China briefing about the domestic and foreign players existing in the market. This section provides a three dimensional analysis of domestic key players' revenues, profits and market capitalization. The key domestic players are ranked according to the total income and net profit. The report also features brief profiles of major domestic and foreign players in the market and a snapshot of their corporation, financial performance along with the key financial ratios, business highlights and their product portfolio providing an insight into the existing competitive scenario.
Some of the key statistics or factors impacting the furniture market in China covered in the report includes furniture industry framework, share of the global furniture market, domestic market size, Guangdong furniture market size, furniture production volume, furniture industry output value, furniture industry sales output value, furniture production bases in China, top furniture producing provinces, furniture trading hubs in China, furniture export, furniture import, growth of GDP, urban disposable income, urban consumer spending, sales of buildings, floor space under construction, increasing rate of urbanization, share of international visitors in furniture expo, rising retail sales of furniture, young adult consumer base, growing tourism market in China, sawnwood imports, log imports, country-wise imports, floor space sold, list of government standards, share of transactions in online portals, expansion plans and list of furniture mall operators.
Key takeaway section summarizes the entire market in terms of opportunities, trends and challenges persisting in the furniture market in China.
- Table of Contents
Page 1: Executive Summary
Page 2: Introduction and Characteristics of Furniture Industry
Page 3: Furniture Industry Framework
Page 4: Global Furniture Market - Global Market Overview, Share of Global Furniture Market (2010), Asian Furniture Market
Page 5: Domestic Furniture Market - Domestic Market Overview, Growth of Domestic Furniture Market (2009-2015e), Growth of Guangdong Furniture Market (2010-2012e)
Page 6: Domestic Furniture Market - Domestic Market Overview, Production Volume (2010-2011), Industry Sales Output Value (2010-2011), Industrial Output Value (2010-2011
Page 7: Furniture Production Bases in China
Page 8: Furniture Trading Hubs in China
Page 9: Furniture Market - Exports under HS Codes (Value-wise) (2008-2011), Country-wise Exports (2011), Furniture Market - Imports under HS Codes (Value-wise) (2008-2011), Country-wise Imports (2011)
Drivers & Challenges
Page 10: Summary
Page 11: Healthy Economy and Rising Income
Page 12: Real Estate Boom
Page 13: Accelerating Urbanization and Changing Lifestyle
Page 14: Furniture Expo
Page 15: Strong Distribution Network
Page 16: Changing Demographics and Rise in Tourism
Page 17: Huge Importer of Raw Materials
Page 18: Tightening Housing Measures
Page 19: Intense Competition and Rising Operating Costs
Page 20: Credibility Crisis
Page 21: Government Standards
Page 22: Old-for-New Furniture Subsidy Program in 2012
Page 23: Trends Summary
Page 24: Rise in Luxury Furniture Demand
Page 25-26: Emergence of Newer Varieties of Furniture
Page 27: Furniture Malls
Page 28: Increasing Presence of Foreign Retailers
Page 29: Online Portals Dedicated to Furniture Products
Mergers & Acquisitions
Page 30: Mergers & Acquisitions
Page 31-32: Major Public Companies - Summary
Page 33- 35: Key Domestic Players - Company Information, Products and Services, Locations in China, Key People, Financial Snapshot, Financial Summary, Key Ratios, Key Business Segments, Key Geographic Segments and Key Recent Developments
Markor International Furniture Co., Ltd.
Page 36-39: Key Domestic Players - Company Information, Products and Services, Locations in China and Key Recent Developments
Beijing Qumei Furniture Group Corp
Chengdu Quanyou Furniture Co., Ltd.
Dalian Huafeng Furniture Co,.Ltd
Landbond Furniture Group Co., Ltd.
Page 40-45: Key Foreign Players - Company Information, Products and Services, Locations in China, Key People, Financial Snapshot, Financial Summary, Key Ratios, Key Business Segments, Key Geographic Segments and Key Recent Developments
FAVA International Holdings Limited
Royale Furniture Holdings Limited
Page 46- 48: Key Foreign Players - Company Information, Products and Services, Locations in China, Key People and Key Recent Developments
Red Apple Furniture Co., Ltd.
Page 49: Key Takeaways
- List of Figures
1. Share of Global Furniture Market (2010)
2. Growth of Domestic Furniture Market ( 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012e, 2013e, 2014e and 2015e))
3. Growth of Guangdong Furniture Market (2010, 2011 and 2012e)
4. Production Volume (2010 and 2011)
5. Industry Sales Output Value (2010 and 2011)
6. Industrial Output Value (2010 and 2011)
7. Top Five Furniture Producing Provinces (2010)
8. Furniture Market - Exports under HS Codes (Value-wise ) (2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011)
9. Country-wise Exports (2011)
10. Furniture Market - Imports under HS Codes (Value-wise) (2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011)
11. Country-wise Imports (2011)
Drivers and Challenges
12. Growth of GDP (2009, 2010, 2011e and 2015e)
13. Urban Disposable income (2005, 2015e and 2025e)
14. Urban Consumer Spending (2005, 2015e and 2025e)
15. Growing Sales of Buildings (2009, 2010 and 2011)
16. Floor Space under Construction (2009, 2010 and 2011)
17. Increasing Rate of Urbanization (2005, 2010, 2015e and 2020e)
18. Share of International Visitors (2011)
19. Rise in Retail Sales of Furniture (Jan-Feb 2011 and Jan-Feb 2012)
20. Young Adult Consumer Base
21. Growing Tourism Market (2010, 2015e and 2020e)
22. Sawnwood Imports (2009 and 2010)
23. Log Imports 2009 and 2010)
24. Country-wise Log Imports (2010)
25. Floor Space Sold (2009, 2010 and 2011)
26. Share of Transactions in Taobao.com (12th Dec 2011)
27. Bubble Chart for the Public Companies
28. Total Income and Profit for Major Domestic Companies (2010)
29. Key Domestic Players - Growth in Total Income and Profit (2007,2008,2009 and 2010), Key Ratios(2007,2008,2009 and 2010), Key Business Segments (2007,2008,2009 and 2010), Key Geographic Segments (2007,2008,2009 and 2010)
Markor International Furniture Co., Ltd.
30. Key Foreign Players - Growth in Total Income and Profit (2007,2008,2009 and 2010), Key Ratios(2007,2008,2009 and 2010), Key Business Segments (2007,2008,2009 and 2010), Key Geographic Segments (2007,2008,2009 and 2010)
FAVA International Holdings Limited
Royale Furniture Holdings Limited Expedia Inc.
- List of Tables
- Companies Covered
1. Markor International Furniture Co., Ltd.
2. Beijing Qumei Furniture Group Corp
3. Chengdu Quanyou Furniture Co. Ltd.
4. Dalian Huafeng Furniture Co. Ltd.
5. Landbond Furniture Group Co. Ltd.
6. FAVA International Holdings Ltd.
7. Royale Furniture Holdings Ltd.
8. IKEA Group
9. Red Apple Furniture Co. Ltd.