With the growing need for health and vigour, need for non-alcoholic beverages, and growing youth population, energy drinks have become one of the fastest-growing markets in India. According to the Netscribes report, Energy Drinks Market in India 2017, the energy drinks market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22% to reach INR 29 billion by 2020. The report further states that the market for energy drinks in India will witness strong growth in the next five years.
With several players entering the energy drinks market, the competition is fierce. Companies are taking various steps to differentiate their products from their competitors and to penetrate the existing market.
Energy Drinks Market in India - Key Growth Factors
Increased purchasing power, coupled with clever marketing is steering the demand for energy drinks in India. Moreover, awareness about health benefits of energy drinks compared to other beverages such as carbonated drinks is resulting in a greater uptake of these products. This category is popular particularly among the urban youth looking for alternatives to alcoholic beverages or need to stay awake longer.
Energy Drinks Market in India - Threats and Key Players
The focus of energy drink manufacturers has predominantly been only on urban regions, which has limited the growth opportunities for the sector. Brands need to work towards tapping the potential of suburban and tier 2 and 3 cities for profitable growth.
There have been concerns surrounding the safety of energy drinks consumption. In 2015, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) imposed a ban on a few variants of US-based Monster Beverage Corp., Cloud 9 by Goldwin Healthcare Pvt. Ltd, Tzinga by Hector Beverages Pvt. Ltd, and ordered the recall of Restless Energy Drink by Pushpam Foods and Beverages Pvt. Ltd for compliance issues. The FSSAI also notified that, starting July 1, 2017, non-alcoholic beverages with more than 145 mg of caffeine per litre will have to be labelled as ‘caffeinated beverage’ and caffeine content in these beverages should not cross 300mg per litre.
Energy drinks in India are priced higher than soft drinks and aerated beverages. The higher price point can prevent the market from gaining a wider base.
Several new players have forayed into this market, however, the major share of the market is held by Red Bull, followed by a slew of others such as Coca Cola, PepsiCo, Hector Beverages and Bisleri.
What’s covered in the report?
- Overview of the energy drinks market in India and forecasted market size data in terms of value over 2014 to 2020
- Trade analysis of energy drinks in India
- Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the market
- Key recent developments associated with the energy drinks market in India
- Get a broad understanding of the energy drinks market in India, the dynamics of the market and current state of the sector
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion and other business plans by understanding the factors driving the growth of the market
- Be informed regarding the key developments in the market of energy drinks in India
- Understand major competitors' business and market dynamics, and respond accordingly
With the given market data, Research On India offers customizations according to specific needs. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.