Netscribes' latest market research report titled Hearing Aids Market in India 2014 states that the demand for hearing aids is increasing in the country due to a number of reasons, with the changing demographic pattern of the country being the leading factor. With the population of elderly growing in India, loss of hearing is plaguing a vast number of Indians and has resulted in an increasing use of hearing aids. Moreover, changes in the perception of patients and growing awareness regarding hearing aids are further helping in the growth of the industry. The social stigma attached to wearing hearing aids, which was present till even a few years back, has reduced drastically. This has provided a further boost to the industry. Most companies operating in the market sell both analog and digital models, although the number of analog models on offer is considerably less compared to the digital models on offer. This is due to the rapid shift of preference from analog to digital models, both for new consumers as well as existing consumers.
Currently, the market is dominated by foreign players who manufacture their products in their overseas facilities and market it in India through their local subsidiaries. However, there are a few domestic players who mostly try to compete with the foreign companies by providing no-frills products at a lower price than those of foreign products. Growing market penetration, especially in smaller cities and towns, is helping the market to grow. Overall, the market is exhibiting steady growth and promises ample opportunities to all the players operating in the market.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Types of Hearing Aids
Slide 6: Parts of a Hearing Aid
Slide 7: Hearing Aids - Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
Slide 8-27: Company-Wise Price of Various Models of Hearing Aids
Slide 28: Export of Hearing Aids - Overview, Size (Value-Wise & Volume-Wise: 2010-11 - 2013-14), Region-Wise Exports (Value-Wise: 2012-13, 2013-14)
Slide 29: Import of Hearing Aids - Overview, Size (Value-Wise & Volume-Wise: 2010-11 - 2013-14), Region-Wise Imports (Value-Wise; 2012-13, 2013-14)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 30: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 31-36: Drivers
Slide 37-38: Challenges
Slide 39: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 40-43: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 44-79: Major Companies
Slide 80-81: Key Recommendations
Slide 82: Key Ratios Description
Slide 83: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Hearing Aids - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2012 - 2018e)
1. Export of Hearing Aids (Value-Wise & Volume-Wise: 2010-11 - 2013-14)
2. Region Wise Exports of Hearing Aids (Value-Wise; 2012-13)
3. Region Wise Exports of Hearing Aids (Value-Wise; 2013-14)
4. Import of Hearing Aids (Value-Wise & Volume-Wise: 2010-11 - 2013-14)
5. Region Wise Imports of Hearing Aids (Value-Wise; 2012-13)
6. Region Wise Imports of Hearing Aids (Value-Wise; 2013-14)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Population Above 60 Years (2012 - 2018e)
2. Average Life Expectancy (1990, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012)
3. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
4. Total Number of Wireless Subscribers (2008 - 2014)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (FY2013)
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies Except Bernafon AG)
b. Financial Snapshot (Except Alps International Pvt. Ltd. and Bernafon AG)
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Company-Wise Price of Various Models of Hearing Aids
1. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies except Bernafon AG)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (Except Alps International Pvt. Ltd. and Bernafon AG)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
- Companies Covered
1. Siemens Ltd.
1. Alps International Pvt. Ltd.
2. Elkon Pvt. Ltd.
3. Starkey Laboratories India Pvt. Ltd.
4. Unitron Hearing India Pvt. Ltd.
5. Widex India Pvt. Ltd.
6. Phonak India Pvt. Ltd.
7. Bernafon AG