The medical device market is a thriving segment of the healthcare industry in India. Rise in the number of hospitals and increasing requirement of healthcare facilities on account of the changing demographics and increasing lifestyle diseases is creating a need for sophisticated devices and equipments which can provide accurate treatment to individuals. The global market for medical devices is also growing rapidly and India has joined the bandwagon of being one of the fastest growing countries in this respect. In such an industry, the market for coronary stents is also showing considerable potential. Although the market is mostly dominated by multinationals at present, a few Indian companies have also been able to successfully enter the market. The growing target base of consumers is expected to boost sales and the market is expected to exhibit steady growth in future.
The report begins with an introduction of coronary stents and their classification based on the material they are made of and whether they are coated with any drug. The market overview section provides the market size and growth, both value-wise and volume-wise for the overall market. Market size and growth, both value-wise and volume-wise, for the individual segments have also been provided.
This is followed by an analysis of the drivers fueling growth in the market which includes increasing lifestyle diseases, improving health infrastructure, changing demographics, increasing healthcare spending and insurance coverage, and advancements in technology and medical procedures. The key challenges identified include the problems associated with usage and constant need for innovation and new product development. The involvement of government in this industry is also included. It discusses the role of the government in regulating the industry and its implications. The plans of the government to regulate price of stents and the steps taken regarding this have also been included in this section.
The competition section provides an overview of the competitive landscape in the industry and includes a detailed profile of the major players in the market. It includes the list of products and services, key people, financial snapshot, key ratios and key recent developments for the major players. For public companies, their key business segments and key geographic segments have also been provided.
A section providing strategic recommendations has been given at the end of the report which gives effective solutions to existing and potential players for improving market share and increasing profitability.
- Table of Contents
Page 1: Executive Summary
Page 2: Definition of Coronary Stents and Classification
Page 3: Coronary Stents - Overview, Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise & Volume-Wise; 2010 - 2016e)
Page 4-5: Segments in the market - Overview, Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise & Volume-Wise; 2010 - 2016e)
Drivers & Challenges
Page 6: Summary
Page 7-11: Drivers
Page 12-13: Challenges
Page 14-15: Government Involvement in the Industry
Page 16: Market Competition - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Page 17-22: Major Public Companies-
Opto Circuits (India) Ltd.
Abbott India Ltd.
Page 23-45: Major foreign players-
B. Braun Medical (India) Private Ltd.
Invent Bio-med Pvt. Ltd.
Lancer Medical Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Meril Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.
Sahajanand Medical Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
India Medtronic Pvt. Ltd.
MIV Therapeutics (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Boston Scientific India Pvt. Ltd.
Page 46: Recent Developments
Page 47: Key recommendations
Page 48: Appendix
- List of Figures
1. Coronary Stents - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise, 2010 - 2016e)
2. Coronary Stents - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise, 2010 - 2016e)
3. Drug-Eluting Stents - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise, 2010 - 2016e)
4. Drug-Eluting Stents - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise, 2010 - 2016e)
5. Bare Metal Stents - Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise, 2010 - 2016e)
6. Bare Metal Stents - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise, 2010 - 2016e)
Drivers and Challenges
7. Prevalence of Lifestyle Diseases
8. Number of CHD Patients
9. Number of Diabetes Patients
10. Hospital Infrastructure in India
11. Private Hospitals Market in India
12. Population above 60 Years in India
13. Share of Wallet (%)
14. Composition of Healthcare Spending
15. Financial Snapshot (All companies except Boston Scientific India Pvt. Ltd.)
16. Key Business segments (only Public Companies)
17. Key Geographic segments (only Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Company profiles (All companies)
a. Company information
b. Products and services
c. Key people
d. Key Financial Performance Indicators (except Boston Scientific India Pvt. Ltd.)
e. Key Ratios (except Boston Scientific India Pvt. Ltd.)
f. Key Recent Developments
2. Ratio Calculations
- Companies Covered
1. Opto Circuits (India) Ltd.
2. Abbott India Ltd.
3. B. Braun Medical (India) Private Ltd.
4. Invent Bio-med Pvt. Ltd.
5. Lancer Medical Technology Pvt. Ltd.
6. Meril Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.
7. Sahajanand Medical Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
8. India Medtronic Pvt. Ltd.
9. MIV Therapeutics (India) Pvt. Ltd.
10. Boston Scientific India Pvt. Ltd.