Netscribes' latest market research report titled Cardiovascular Pharmaceutical Market in India 2014 highlights the analysis of the drivers and explains the factors for growth of the industry. Increasing patient population, patent expiry of blockbuster drugs, and introduction of newer and better drugs are the key drivers of this market. Cardiovascular pharmaceuticals is one of the leading therapeutic segments of the overall pharma industry and cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the top causes of deaths worldwide
Growing incidences of cardiovascular diseases is helping the Indian market to grow and large pharmaceutical companies are trying to launch new patented blockbuster drugs to tackle the situation. Patented blockbuster drugs, after becoming generic, present a huge opportunity for growth. Generic drugs increase the affordability among patients, which helps in the growth of the market. The increasing disposable income of people are also helping to boost the market size. Some challenges faced by the industry are the internal competition between large pharmaceutical companies and competition from complementary and alternative medicines. Various government initiatives have been undertaken to reduce the drug prices and various tax reforms and control programs are promoting the growth of the market as well
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun 2013 - Nov 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - March 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Major Drug Classes
Slide 6-7: Global Cardiovascular Pharmaceutical Market - Overview, Indian Cardiovascular Pharmaceutical Market - Overview, Market Size & Growth (2013-2018e)
Slide 8-9: Market Value Chain Analysis
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 10: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 11-14: Drivers
Slide 15: Challenges
Slide 16: Government Initiatives - Summary
Slide 17: National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM), Jan Aushadhi Stores (JAS)
Slide 18: Various tax reforms and control programmes
Slide 19-20: Licensing and registration of pharmaceuticals
Slide 21: Various other regulatory frameworks
Slide 22: Patent Expiry - Cardiovascular Drugs
Slide 23: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 24: Public Trading Comparables, Top 4 Companies
Slide 25-27: Competitive Benchmarking, Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2013)
Slide 28: Competitive Benchmarking, Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Financial Basis (FY 2013)
Slide 29-76: Major Public Players
Slide 77-95: Major Private Players
Slide 96: Recent Developments
Slide 97: Strategies
Slide 98: Key Ratios Description
Slide 99: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun-Jul 2013 - Oct-Nov 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Oct 2013 - March 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual ( 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Global Market Size and Growth (2012-2018e)
2. Indian Market Size and Growth (2013)
3. Top Pharmaceutical segments (2010)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Deaths from CVD's
2. Number of coronary heart disease patients
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 4 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-2013)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (All Private Companies)
b. Financial Snapshot (All Companies)
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
- List of Tables
1. Top Selling Cardiovascular Drugs (2012)
1. Raw Materials Used For Poultry Feed
2. Raw Materials Used For Aqua Feed
Drivers & Challenges
1. Patent Expiry Date of drugs
Regulation & Patents
1. Patent Expiry - Cardiovascular Drugs
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (All Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (All Companies)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Recent developments
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. AstraZeneca Pharma India Ltd.
2. Sanofi India Ltd.
3. Cipla Ltd.
4. Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
5. GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
6. Lupin Ltd.
7. Merck Ltd.
8. Novartis India Ltd.
9. Pfizer Ltd.
10. Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
11. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
12. Torrent Pharmaceutical Ltd.
1. Bristol-Myers Squibb India Pvt. Ltd.
2. Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
3. Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
4. USV Ltd.