Netscribes' latest market research report titled Broadband Internet in India 2014 illuminates the dynamics in the domestic broadband market. India houses a huge population and a significant portion of that population use internet for entertainment and productivity. Entertainment usage largely consists of social networking, web media access such as music and videos, online games, downloading via file sharing sites, and peer-to-peer (P2P) and communication. On the other hand productivity usage includes data mining, cloud computing services, Voice-over-IP (VoIP), video conferencing, enterprise mobility to name few. With growing heavy and feature rich web-based activities, dial-up and equivalent internet services are becoming obsolete and the need for broadband internet is rising immensely.
Consumption of mobile devices such as smartphones and Tablets, and Internet-of-things is enhancing Internet usage in India and creating wider opportunity for Broadband services. Broadband internet in India is at the threshold to witness significant adoption not only in urban areas but also in sub-urban and rural areas.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013 - Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5-7: Broadband Internet - Overview, Major Internet Access Technologies, Broadband Service Delivery Technology, Evolution of Internet in India
Slide 8-13: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India, States by Broadband Subscription (2013)
Slide 14-15: Government Initiatives - Broadband Internet, TRAI Recommendations for Broadband Regulations
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 16: Drivers and Challenges - Summary
Slide 17-23: Drivers
Slide 24-25: Challenges
Slide 26: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 27-31: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 32-51: Major Public Players
Slide 52-75: Major Private Players
Slide 76-77: Key Recent Developments - Broadband Internet in India
Slide 78-81: Opportunities in the Broadband Internet Market
Slide 82-85: Consumer Insights - Survey on Broadband Usage
Slide 86-88: Recommendations
Slide 89: Key Ratios Description
Slide 90: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 to 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Broadband Subscribers Base (Global) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2013 - 2018e)
2. Market Share of Broadband Internet by Access Technologies (Global) (2013, 2020e)
3. Broadband Subscribers Base (India) - Market Size & Growth (Volume-Wise; 2013 - 2018e)
4. Market Share of Broadband Internet by Access Technologies (India) (2013)
5. Internet Market Share by Service Providers (India) (2013)
6. Broadband Market Share by Service Providers (India) (2013)
7. Broadband Adoption by States (India) (2013)
Drivers & Challenges
1. PC Base - India (2013 - 2018e)
2. Wireless Subscriber Base - India (2006 - 20013)
3. Market Growth - Subscribers of 3G Services (2013e, 2015e)
4. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
5. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
6. Employment Growth (2010, 2015e)
7. Gross Domestic Product - India (2004 - 2013)
8. Growth & Size - Enterprise Mobility Market (2014e, 2015e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Companies - Operational & Financial Basis (2012-13)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business Segments (for Public Players only.)
c. Key Geographic Segments (for Public Players only)
d. Ownership Structure (for Private Players only)
1. Broadband Internet Opportunity - Addressable User Base (Volume-Wise; 2014e - 2018e)
2. Mobile Entertainment - Market Size (Value-Wise; 2014e - 2018e)
1. Present Broadband Speed
2. Most Important Aspect of Broadband
3. Technology Preference
4. High-Speed Broadband Requirements
5. Sample Population Profile
- List of Tables
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Only Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Major Indian States with Rural Population
1. Survey on Broadband Usage & Preference - Methodology
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Bharti Airtel Ltd.
2. Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd.
3. Idea Cellular Ltd.
4. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.
5. Reliance Communications Ltd.
1. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
2. Tata Teleservices Ltd.
3. Aircel Cellular Ltd.
4. Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd.
5. Vodafone India Ltd.