Anti-diabetic pharmaceuticals market in India is considered to be one of the most lucrative diabetes markets in the world. Since India is the second largest diabetic pool in the world, after China, the market is characterized by a huge demand for anti-diabetic drugs. Huge increase in the number of diabetic patients promotes growth of the anti-diabetics pharmaceutical industry. The incidence of diabetes is higher in developed countries because of unhealthy lifestyles . Development of new and innovative drugs is also providing a boost to the market. Comprehensive health insurance coverage fuels the market growth by raising the affordability among patients. Increasing aging population in India increases the prevalence of diabetes, which in turn gives a boost to the drugs market.
However Price regulation in the insulin market and competition from alternative diabetes treatment hinders the growth of Anti-diabetic pharmaceuticals market in India. In spite of substantial demand-supply gap in the insulin market, foreign manufacturers and importers are facing a huge price challenge. Now-a-days People are becoming more aware of diabetes ,and are trying to move away from unhealthy sedentary lifestyles. Increasing awareness on part of the consumers are making them incorporate more physical exercises and avoid junk food. Such consciousness on part of the consumers is decreasing the growth of diabetes, which is limiting the growth of the anti-diabetic pharmaceutical market to some extent. The Indian Government, on its part, has introduced some diabetes control programmes. Various initiatives taken by the government is providing a boost to this market. The market is expected to exhibit steady growth over the next few years.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014-Jan 2015 - Mar 2015-Apr 2015)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2014 - Jul 2014), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014 - May 2015)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2011-12 - 2014-15), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2013-14)
Slide 5: Types of diabetes
Slide 6: Classification of the diabetes market
Slide 7: Classes of anti-diabetic drugs
Slide 8: Global Anti-Diabetic Pharmaceuticals Market - Overview, Size & Growth
Slide 9: Indian Anti-Diabetic Pharmaceuticals Market - Overview, Size & Growth
Slide 10: Global Diabetes map
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 11: Summary
Slide 12-15: Key Drivers
Slide 16-17: Key Challenges
Slide 18: Government programmes
Market Value Chain
Slide 19: Pharmaceutical Value Chain
Slide 20: Multistage Drug Development Process
Regulation and Patents
Slide 21: Drug regulations
Slide 22-23: Drugs approved for marketing in India
Slide 24: Regulatory Frameworks
Slide 25: Competition Overview
Slide 26: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 27-31: Competitive benchmarking
Slide 32-71: Major Public Player
Slide 72: Key Strategic Recommendations
Slide 73: Appendix
Slide 74: Sources of information
- List of Figures
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 - 2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014-Jan 2015 - Mar 2015-Apr 2015)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2014 - Jul 2014)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014 - May 2015)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
7. FDI Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
1. Global Anti-Diabetic Pharmaceuticals Market - Size & Growth (Value wise) (2013-2018e)
2. People Living with Diabetes (2013)
3. Global Anti-Diabetic Pharmaceuticals Market - Segmentation (2013, 2015e)
4. Indian Anti-Diabetic Pharmaceuticals Market - Size & Growth (Value wise) (2013-2018e)
5. Growth in therapeutic segments (2010)
6. Indian Anti-Diabetic Pharmaceuticals Market - Segmentation (2010, 2015e)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Top 10 countries for number of people with diabetes (20-79 years) (2013)
2. Demography - People >60 years in India (2005, 2010, 2015)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2013)
2. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies - Financial Basis (FY 2013)
3. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot (All companies)
b. Key Business Segments (All Companies)
c. Key Geographic Segments (All Companies except for GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- List of Tables
Regulation and Patents
1. Drugs Approved for Marketing in India
1. Public Trading Comparables (FY 2014) - Top 3 Companies
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Key Financial Performance Indicators (All Companies)
e. Key Ratios (All Companies)
f. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Sanofi India Ltd.
2. Biocon Ltd.
3. Cipla Ltd.
4. Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
5. GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
6. Merck Ltd.
7. Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
8. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
9. Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
10. Wockhardt Ltd.