Netscribes' latest market research report titled Animation Market in India 2014 describes the dynamics of animation production in this country. In India, the domestic market consumes just one-third of the entire production of animation and related works. But demand from the animation companies in India is expected to grow steadily over the next few years, following the success of international releases such as Life of Pi, Avatar and others. Many of these films had significant contributions from Indian animation production houses, who delivered high-quality work on a very strict time schedule.
The animation industry in India owes its success to the consistent demand from foreign clients, driven by a large English-speaking workforce, cost advantage of doing business in India, rise in the number of quality training institutes offering various programs in animation and digital production, and others. Owing to the potential for growth in this industry, the Government needs to take more proactive steps in organizing the sector, laying down rules and regulations, encourage production of more original content for the domestic market and enforce strict laws against violation of intellectual property rights. In future, animation in India should not remain confined to entertaining only kids, but evolve with more mature story-telling and content development to grow its audience.
- Table of Contents
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09 - 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11 - 2013-14*), FDI: Annual (2009-10 - 2012-13)
Slide 5: Introduction - Classification of Animation Industry
Slide 6-9: Market Overview - Global, Market Overview - India, Animation Market - Revenue Model, Animation Market in India - Analysis of Different Revenue Streams
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 10: Drivers & Challenges - Summary
Slide 11-15: Drivers
Slide 16-18: Challenges
Slide 19: Government policies
Slide 20: Trends - Summary
Slide 21-24: Major Trends in the Market
Slide 25: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 26-30: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 31-54: Major Public Players
Slide 55-69: Major Private Players
Slide 70-71: Recommendations
Slide 72: Key Ratios Description
Slide 73: Sources of Information
- List of Figures
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11 - 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2013 - Nov-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013 - Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Oct 2013 - Mar 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14*)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Market Overview (Global) - Market Size and Growth (Value-wise; 2013-2018e)
2. Market Overview (India) - Market Size and Growth (Value-wise; 2013-2018e)
3. Animation Market - Revenue Split (Percentage-wise; 2012)
Drivers and Challenges
1. E-learning in India: Market Size and Growth (Value-wise; 2013-2018e)
2. Market Share of Gaming Industry Components (Percentage-wise; 2014e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of 3 Major Private Companies - Operational Basis (FY 2013)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (For Private Companies only)
b. Financial Snapshot
c. Key Business Segments (For Public Players only)
d. Key Geographic Segments (For Public Players only)
- List of Tables
1. Application of Animation Platforms
1. Public Trading Comparables (FY 2014)
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies, except Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd.)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies only)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies only)
f. Key Ratios
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
- Companies Covered
1. Crest Animation Studios Ltd.
2. Padmalaya Telefilms Ltd.
3. Pentamedia Graphics Ltd.
4. DQ Entertainment International Ltd.
5. BGIL Films & Technologies Ltd.
6. Color Chips India Ltd.
1. Maya Entertainment Ltd.
2. Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd.
3. Miditech Pvt. Ltd.